Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby sros1fan » Sun May 03, 2009 8:52 am

Heres an update on whats been going on with the ride. They have finished painting the whole coaster and are now working on the queline and station. Both trains are now on the track and they have been testing them at night. The lighting on the theming looks great at night, new pics and there is a short video of the lights.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Sun May 03, 2009 3:33 pm

I already preferred SROS over MF. Now with the new lighting I hope/believe it will give MF a run for the money lighting wise.

It's too bad I probably can't be at the park at night. I live far away enough that I should leave by 5 on a SFNE visit day.

Postby sros1fan » Sun May 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Here is a video of the flame cannons testing taken with a cell so the quality isnt the best. You can also see lots of new pics here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGYnG2KwXwE

Postby sros1fan » Thu May 14, 2009 12:10 am

Today SFNE had a sneak preview for some special guests and filmed a commercial of bizarro. You can see the nice job they did on the ride with these exclusive pics and videos posted here.

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:32 am

That fireball makes me and x2 jealous :cry: I must say though, at first I had my doubts about purple superman and if they'd actually do anything cool, I'm actually decently impressed with six flags, the shield lighting looks awesome and just all of the effects they added. This'll definitely be the gold ticket winner yet again this year

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby vacoaster » Thu May 14, 2009 8:00 am

This ride is going to be so good. I am planning a trip for Boston University students this summer, wait when people find out that there are NO HANDLES ON THE LAPBARS!!!! Having nothing to go onto is going to make the ride very scary for some which is great

Postby sros1fan » Thu May 21, 2009 7:52 pm

You can see full Media day coverage from today which includes lots of pics and video here

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Questions about Bizarro at New England

Postby Jason2198 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:38 pm

For anyone who has been on Bizarro at Six Flags New England, what are your thoughts on the changes made to Superman? Does it ride the same (airtime, speed, etc.)? I have also read numerous times that the audio was too loud. Does anyone know if this has been addressed?

I'm going on August 7th and it will be my first time at the park and I am wondering if the changes took away from the ride at all. Thanks.

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:53 pm

While I've not had a chance to ride Bizarro, I don't see why it would ride any differently than superman aside from the trains being adequately 'broken in' over the course of the season.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby MASH80554077 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!