Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 pm

^Those were the "old Management" days where they would just build a new ride whether they had the money for it or not. Mark Shapiro is taking a more cautious approach as new rides are harder to come by for the chain nowadays. Back in 2002 the company felt that they didn't need to market new trains. the Shapiro administration feels it should.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:09 am

As If there was any doubt...

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rides/bizarro.aspx
http://www.bizarroishere.com/

Opening Memorial Day Weekend — Something bizarre has taken place at Six Flags New England. The transformed Superman: Ride of Steel has become Bizarro, a multi-sensory ride experience that will take you to another dimension of thrill.

Known for his clumsy and destructive attempts to emulate Superman, everything in Bizarro's world is twisted and backwards. The Bizarro experience begins the moment you enter the ride queue line through a custom-created comic book story. Climb aboard the newly-designed coaster cars with custom built audio in the headrest. After a menacing climb, plunge 221 feet into the first of two fog-filled tunnels to launch into Bizarro's twisted world.

Fly 77 mph through high bank twists and turns, soaring through bizarre building structures and sprinting through open-aired "S" shields. Then, enter a spaghetti bowls of twists and turns that trigger fiery flame effects with the heart-pumping audio. Cap off the journey with a second plunge into a fog-filled tunnel before returning to the station house and back to Earth.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterLine » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 am

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/ ... zarro.aspx

They could have at least changed the pictures for Medusa's layout and trains or something... tisk, tisk, Six Flags.
Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer / Partner
Epic Web Studios LLC.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mpclinton22 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 am

Does anyone know if the maximum height restriction is going to change? I know that it was the same on the website but I didn't know if maybe they just haven't changed it yet.

When I talked to a Six Flags person a week or so ago they said that they won't know until they get the trains, but I thought they already had them? And they also said it depends on the height restriction placed on the ride by the ride manufacturer. That's why I'm kind of confused because if the restraints are basically the same as El Toro's, wouldn't Intamin get rid of the 76" max?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

same names for both coasters :|

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 am

I really like the Bizarro take (how he was always emulating Superman) and hope that Six Flags plays it up properly. I have always felt SF should do more with the DC licensing beyond mainly Batman and Superman themselves.

My only concern is that Bizarro is known for failing in his attempts, he better not mess up S:ROS :roll:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 pm

larrygator wrote:My only concern is that Bizarro is known for failing in his attempts, he better not mess up S:ROS

I think it's already too late.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:55 pm

To quote my Facebook: "is seeing the good of Six Flags' retheming of Medusa at Great Adventure to Bizarro of the Superman line since our state is egotistical and outsiders think NJ is freakish anyway."

Is it too much for New England? :Pr

Hot Potato!

Postby sfne2005 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Interesting they are putting the fog back in on the first tunnel. Maybe the new trains will be able to handle the moisture from the fog as they stated the old ones couldn't...which was the cause for the trains crashing into each other.
Image[/url]

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Jon34MA » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:13 pm

sfne2005 wrote:Interesting they are putting the fog back in on the first tunnel. Maybe the new trains will be able to handle the moisture from the fog as they stated the old ones couldn't...which was the cause for the trains crashing into each other.

I think they are actually using fog machines this time and not water misters. The water caused problems with the wheels. The reason the trains crashing into each other was a faulty air line attached to the brakes.
(Saturday, August 18, 2001) - Investigators at Six Flags New England theme park in Agawam, Massachusetts have determined that the August 6 Superman Ride of Steel roller coaster accident was caused by a faulty braking system.

The accident happened in the ride's loading station as one train was preparing to be dispatched and the other, which was returning to unload passengers, failed to stop. The crash injured 22 people.

After a two-week investigation, Six Flags and Intamin AG, the ride's manufacturer, have concluded that an air supply line ruptured, disabling the ride's main braking system and preventing the ride's back up system from engaging fully. They say that the second train was slowed to just under 20 miles per hour when it struck the first train.

The air supply system has been replaced with steel reinforced lines, and the ride has passed numerous tests and inspections since the new system was installed.
From www.rideaccicents.com/superman
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f62f632ce394e0c2e47841bdeba33854.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!