Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm looking forward to riding the new Medusa at GADV. I hope the theming & special effects are as good as they said. It is Six Flags so I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't all that great.
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby ghost007jas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

johnusername wrote:^ It's known to me because of how many times Seinfeld would mention the Bizarro superman and they even had a bizarro world episode. He is a real Superman fan and if you watched that show you know what bizarro is. And really, by looking at the dude how hard is it to figure out it's a bad superman? Great name and idea.

I'm in the same boat. It is true that Bizarro isn't a character that has been used significantly (if at all) in any of the films or the tv show (to the best of my knowledge anyway) but I think it is pretty easy to tell he's a bad dude. Hopefully some queue theming will sell the ride.

Vote in the Coasterdom Coaster Championship every M/W/F!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterLine » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Bolliger&Mabillard wrote:
CoasterLine wrote:I doubt it will be themed to Batman, as they already have the Batman floorless...

However, with the Purple and Dark Blue now...

Bizarro Superman anyone?

Man...did this guy call it or what?

Woot woot, What can I say... The purple and blue instantly made me think of Bizzaro.
Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer / Partner
Epic Web Studios LLC.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby denning » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 am

I think Bizarro as a theme is interesting for a new coaster or if they rebranded the nearby Mind Eraser.

Such a rebrand would be great a coaster with a medicore or dated reputation, which is why I do no think it is such a big deal for Medussa which is not even close to as popular as it once was Kingda Ka, Nitro, El Toro, and Superman all stealing its spotlight.

But to change the number 1 ride at a park, which was highly rated and a truly famous coaster just erodes brand value and should cause shareholders real concern. How many people are going to ask or complain why they removed the superman ride?

Even at Darrien Lake four years later, the GP still calls it superman. A real questionable decision.

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:20 am

But to change the number 1 ride at a park, which was highly rated and a truly famous coaster just erodes brand value and should cause shareholders real concern.

I'm pretty sure as a share holder, I'm a bit more worried about SIX's stock price being traded at .30 cents a share. I get not liking the theme for whatever reason, but let's not go off the deep end here my friends.

-Sean

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby denning » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 am

Sean Menefee wrote:
But to change the number 1 ride at a park, which was highly rated and a truly famous coaster just erodes brand value and should cause shareholders real concern.

I'm pretty sure as a share holder, I'm a bit more worried about SIX's stock price being traded at .30 cents a share. I get not liking the theme for whatever reason, but let's not go off the deep end here my friends.

-Sean

When the company is a penny stock you have to question management's decisions.

My point is not that it should have been Lex Luther, or Doomsday or Bizarro or Joker, frankly my opinion on the theme is not the issue.

The question is the decision to spend the money to retheme an already strong themed well known ride.

It makes you question management's focus and decison making capabilties. To spend millions of dollars rebranding a ride so well known and likely by the public reminds of the Att Blue is now Cingular is now orange ATT fiacso.

Could that money be better spent in other places such as better trainedstaff, in repaying the crippling debt, or in advertising.

If that does not make you question your investment in management, then you probably the very type of investor who lost their shirt in the past year.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby sros1fan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 am

^ The ride needed some TLC as it celebrates its 10th year as the best coaster on the planet. So why not add a bunch of theming to it so that will insure it will remain the top coaster for years to come.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby goatdan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:15 am

denning wrote:The question is the decision to spend the money to retheme an already strong themed well known ride.

Blue and red painted track with a Superman logo on the ride station makes the ride a "strong themed" ride? I always thought the themes for the US based Superman rides were basically a joke.

I'm really liking the idea of a Bizarro themed ride because:

1) The queue will have to introduce the character, as he isn't that perfectly well known.
2) It ties into Clawshun Industries perfectly which means at least so far, their attention to theming has been far above and beyond the usual.
3) It is daring enough to theme the ride on what I assume will be the storyline, and not just on the best known character.

I think it's really an interesting tact, and we'll see how well it works out. I think the ride has to be well themed to work now so it could be a disaster (with a great ride still at the heart of it) but it would really be an evolution in theming.

There are no other rides that I can think of that are named specifically for the villain who I assume Superman will have to save you from before the ride is over... It could be a very neat theme.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 am

It makes you question management's focus and decison making capabilties.

Hey, what do you expect from a company that plans to spend 10 million dollars to renovate a ride that cost 5 and a half.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby goatdan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Dang it, so that the above makes sense (and posting it again since my first post is pretty old now...)

What I meant when I wrote:3) It is daring enough to name the ride around what I assume will be the storyline, and not just on the best known character.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!