Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby vertigomike » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:53 am

805Andrew wrote:Too bad they are getting rid of the Bizarro theme and colors. I thought it looked cool, and there are so many Superman named coaters already. On another note, Six Flags is adding lot of non-coaster Larson Loops to its parks, and trying to pass them off as coasters. I don't think so.

Yeah, there's a hope of enthusiasts the Bizzaro will somehow return to it's iconic S:ROS glory, unfortunately, so long as those trains and bulky audio-system stay, I don't think so. Still, the purple looked wonky and GP still call it Superman. Bring him back!

coasterbill wrote:Hooray! This park is actually adding a flat ride! If they want to call it a coaster that doesn't matter to me at all, it's still a flat ride and the park desperately needs it.

THIS! SFNE used to have a fairly impressive flat ride collection, but removed much of it over the last decade. Glad to see them finally get something added!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:55 am

All around a solid gain for SFNE. Super Loops are a lot of fun, and it'll be a great addition to the park's lineup ("coaster" or not). Great to see the Superman reconversion, but I'm going to reserve full judgment until I see what they do with the trains. I honestly don't care if they keep the audio, but I'd like to see something done with the restraints, too. Otherwise it won't be as meaningful for me.

I've got a question. Anytime season passes are advertised at other parks, perks are listed in the following way:

Unlimited admission to Six Flags New England
Unlimited admission to ALL Six Flags theme parks

Why is SFNE always listed separately?
Last edited by michaellynn4 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:14 am.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I_Am_Banned_0

Postby madmax » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:48 am

Superbatboy wrote:Yeah but SFNE has one of the BEST 1-2 combos in the world with Superman and Wicked Cyclone. Some parks would kill for that

I meant that Six Flags passing on these "super loops" as coasters is ridiculous.
I'm an idiot

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:56 am

I'll never understand why anyone cares... they could call it a Log Flume and it wouldn't matter. We all know it's not.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 am

Well I'm fairly certain the headrests are gonna go and the two seat will be added back which would both be very nice. My fingers are crossed on restraint improvements as well. That was by far the biggest issue. I can't wait for updates on that.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby markysharky17 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 pm

When the video said 'Double the feature, double the fun' I honestly thought they were going to announce interlocking Larson Loops. :lmao:
Coaster Count #188 Last coaster was Mako
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Maverick 5. Superman The Ride 6. Fury 325 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. StormRunner 9. Kinda Ka 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Manta (SWO) 12. Goliath (SFOG) 13. Montu 14. The Beast 15. Mako 16. Intimidator 17. Banshee
RMC+B&M+INTAMIN

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:51 pm

markysharky17 wrote:When the video said 'Double the feature, double the fun' I honestly thought they were going to announce interlocking Larson Loops. :lmao:

That would be neat! The east coasts first high five element super loop! Call the advertising directors at six flags. We got a hell of an idea for them!
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Did the park say anything at all about Goliath's future?
Is this a trick question?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:13 pm

The headrests/audio will be removed for Superman! Hopefully more news comes out.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:22 pm

BoulderDash wrote:The headrests/audio will be removed for Superman!

Where did you see that bit of info?
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!