Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 781 - Cyborg Hyper Drive Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:55 pm

I never noticed any vibration when I rode Bizarro. Then again, I only ever rode it in the very front row.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 pm

From what I've seen its the new train back on. I rode Goliath shortly before it went down and it only had one rough spot. I absolutely loved it. I've only read rumors about Superman but apparently the shop was blowing out all Bizarro shirts and other souvenirs so it does seem to be heading back to Superman.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby skiburkesurfjay » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Sluggo77 wrote:From what I've seen its the new train back on. I rode Goliath shortly before it went down and it only had one rough spot. I absolutely loved it. I've only read rumors about Superman but apparently the shop was blowing out all Bizarro shirts and other souvenirs so it does seem to be heading back to Superman.

There's also the Giang Air Race rumors.. More like leak.. :P
WindexCyanide is love. WindexCyanide is life.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LuminousAphid » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Koasterking48 wrote:I really really REALLY wish I could've experienced Goliath with its old trains, because the ride was crap when I rode it this past July.

Come to Silverwood, Aftershock has the original trains and it's awesome. I haven't ridden the new trains, so I don't know if there's a difference; maybe you'd think it was crap either way. I thought it was super intense, especially going through the loop backward, and the chevron seating gives the two front passengers a hell of a ride!
Aftershock.jpg
Original trains flying through the station

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:58 pm

AirMBTB wrote:
Password121 wrote:
AirMBTB wrote:Wicked Cyclone is great! I much preferred it as a wooden coaster (rode it 2003 to 2006) though. I'm impressed! Lots of fun.

Can I ask why? If the ride is "great," then what was so incredibly mind blowing about Cyclone that made it better? I haven't ridden either iteration of the ride, but nothing about the old version looks better than the new one to me. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm sure I'm in the minority of that opinion. I really like Bill Cobb designs; they are full of character and variety. The original first drop was downright frightening. It had the famous Bill Cobb snap to it. I really enjoyed Wicked Cyclone, but I usually prefer classic wooden coasters. Ironically, Thunderbolt is running horrible. I assume it's those new ratchet lap bars that have weighed down the train. Also, seems they don't run two trains anymore, in addition to manual unlock for all the lab bars.

Wicked Cyclone is a completely different coaster, and in no way replaces what was lost by closing Cyclone. No matter how great WC I will still always miss Cyclone! It was one of the most unique coasters I have ever ridden.. I ranked it very highly amongst my wooden rankings.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:06 am

I wish that I could have experienced Cyclone pre-mods. It was excellent the first few years that I rode it, then it started to get worse and worse by the year. It was TERRIBLE in its final days and was not worth a ride at all by 2013 or so.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 am

I'd love to ride Aftershock. Those rides are tremendous when running properly with their original trains.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:36 am

LuminousAphid wrote:
Koasterking48 wrote:I really really REALLY wish I could've experienced Goliath with its old trains, because the ride was crap when I rode it this past July.

Come to Silverwood, Aftershock has the original trains and it's awesome. I haven't ridden the new trains, so I don't know if there's a difference; maybe you'd think it was crap either way. I thought it was super intense, especially going through the loop backward, and the chevron seating gives the two front passengers a hell of a ride!

Trust me, I absolutely want to experience Aftershock or Stunt Fall. It seems like it would be much better than a regular Boomerang or Invertigo. However, I got the polar opposite experience with Goliath. I've heard it is a little better in the front, but I am not rushing back to SFNE solely to ride it (although I am rushing to get back to Wicked Cyclone and Bizarro)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby saweetdude05 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:25 am

Having ridden Goliath in both its locations and with both trains, I must say it ran much better before it was moved. It seemed like SFMM had finally gotten it down to run pretty consistently with minimal breakdowns. When it moved to SFNE, it seemed like it was acting just the way it did when it first opened...constantly breaking. Now with the new trains, not only does it seem to be down pretty consistently, but also its not even worth a ride anymore. What is with this park and ruining rides with new trains? I get they wanted to simplify the loading by having a straight-line 4 across seating, but it really didn't seem to complicated to figure out where you are supposed to sit.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby WindexCyanide13 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 am

When it had staggered seating, it got really annoying. So many GP members would argue with you about which seat is whose and it would take a long time.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!