Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:14 pm

If I were in the Darien Lake thread, it'd be a shit-storm, but this announcement doesn't surprise or upset me in any way - water park additions are always good.

Look forward to checking this out next season.

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to post these for Bert...yes, buddy - they have REAL carousel music!! ;)

It was cool to learn that this is the carousel is from 1918 and used to operate at Geauga Lake!
20190721_161626_resized.jpg
It's not just big...it's GRAND!
20190721_161748_resized.jpg
History lesson...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby WOF_Fan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Haunt map is now online. No more Carnevil. New scare zone on Forum Road (Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater).

Also Khaos Unleashed is no longer in Oceans. Will be in Festhaus pavilion.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sawblade5 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:04 pm

There was a near fatal accident at the Oceans of Fun wavepool. I would love to share the news story links but the Anti SPAM measures in the TOS prevents me from doing so. I am sorry I can not provide the link.

I hope another TPR user can post the link for me.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sdcfan88 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:40 am

sawblade5 wrote:There was a near fatal accident at the Oceans of Fun wavepool. I would love to share the news story links but the Anti SPAM measures in the TOS prevents me from doing so. I am sorry I can not provide the link.

I hope another TPR user can post the link for me.

It looks like the person in question has unfortunately died. Sad news to hear considering the Schlitterbahn incident is still likely lingering in peoples minds as well. I did notice a few emergency vehicles coming from the vicinity of the water park as I was in the dry side of the park that evening. https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/teen-pulled-from-oceans-of-fun-wave-pool-last-weekend-taken-off-life-support

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby WOF_Fan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Looks like Dinosaurs Alive will be closing after October 27th. That opens up a big chunk of land!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:36 am

I'm not gonna hold my breath for anything to take up that area in the near future. I visited Dino's alive once this season and it was in a horrible state with most animatronics not working. I feel that they're closing it just to have one less maintenance worry. It's just one less thing to spend money on. I'm sure they weren't making much from it anyways as i rarely saw anyone walking around in there especially after they moved the entrance. One can hope whatever comes out of this is positive, but i'm certainly not going to expect anything.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 am

They're closing it since the contract with the vendor expired, just like every other CF park has done/is doing.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:34 am

^ & ^^ It's really both of those. If it were making money, they would keep it going. But it's not, so they're just fulfilling the contract and getting out.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DavidB » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:45 pm

I was in KC over the weekend and almost always stay in a comped room at Ameristar, so naturally I almost always hit WoF since it is so close. Thought I'd give a quick TR with some thoughts on the park this visit. Everything looked nice and clean as usual. Having just gone to SFSTL last week, which I think is perfectly fine as my home park, really kind of amplifies the differences between Six Flags and Cedar Fair. Everything just looks better kept and cared for at the Cedar Fair parks I've been to, and visiting the parks so close to each other just drove that home for me.

-We rode Patriot in the back and enjoyed it more than usual, don't remember if I've ever ridden in the back for it.

-Also enjoyed Timberwolf more than last time. Probably due to some retracking work since last season? I remember seeing retracking being discussed, but didn't pay particularly close attention either last season or this season, but consensus with my GP gf was that it was better this visit.

-Prowler was not better this visit, I had seen discussion of it getting rough and sort of dismissed it, as I seem to be less bothered by some roughness than many others. It wasn't painfully rough or anything, and plenty wild, but it was definitely rougher than last season. Definitely tolerable and fun, but a step down from last time.

-Boomerang is still Boomerang and I do like the trains...but not a big fan.

-Got a particularly spinny ride on Spinning Dragons and enjoyed that as much as I can remember in my limited rides.

-Mamba was fun as always. Not the greatest hyper, but definitely a good time and very rerideable.

Also hit the swinging boat, scrambler, log flume, and made sure to get on the enterprise since they don't seem long for this world. I also enjoyed pretending the Mamba Venom liquid sour candy was some sort of actual toxic substance...but damn was it sour.

Finally, I tried to smash all the pennies the park had to smash, but couldn't find one of the machines that was supposed to be there in the Prowler gift shop...oh well. In the end, a good time was had by all and always like stopping in for a few hours on my random trips to KC from STL.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!