Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Oh please do. I can't wait to see the heads explode.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BansheeFanshee » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:04 pm

So I may have an opportunity to go to the park on the first Friday of May but only for about 5 to 6 hours.

Just curious if any of you who are more familiar with this park have a general estimate on if it's possible to hit all the coasters in that time span during that time of year without FL?

This will be my first visit to the park, which has been a long time coming considering the amount of years I've been a CF passholder, and I'm very excited. Any other tips for a first-timer to WOF would also be appreciated!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DavidB » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:14 pm

I would be surprised if you couldnt get to all the coasters. Everything has decent capacity except Spinning Dragons, so I would check it's line first, as it is right inside the gate anyway. I would recommend trying both near the front and back of the train on mamba if the line is short.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby monotone » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Do dragons first then lines won't exist for the rest. Ride Mamba 20 times and Timber Wolf in the front row.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Easily. As others have said, if you're there at opening, go straight to Spinning Dragons. If you have a CF Platinum Pass, then 15 minutes before opening they'll allow you past the rope and you can get in line for Spinning Dragons. They do not run their rides early, but you'll be in line and ready to go when the park opens.

If you can't get there at opening, do Spinning Dragons last, since the families with little kids will go home early and at the very end of the day it's a short line.

As for food, Battle Creek BBQ and Chickie's and Pete's are good. Both of those places have a bar too if you're into that, and sometimes they actually staff it.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Last year the only rides I saw with waits were Spinning Dragons, Fury of the Nile, and Viking Voyager. And I went on Memorial Day weekend.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair & Story Land

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby WOF_Fan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:19 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Easily. As others have said, if you're there at opening, go straight to Spinning Dragons. If you have a CF Platinum Pass, then 15 minutes before opening they'll allow you past the rope and you can get in line for Spinning Dragons. They do not run their rides early, but you'll be in line and ready to go when the park opens.

If you can't get there at opening, do Spinning Dragons last, since the families with little kids will go home early and at the very end of the day it's a short line.

As for food, Battle Creek BBQ and Chickie's and Pete's are good. Both of those places have a bar too if you're into that, and sometimes they actually staff it.

Battle Creek BBQ is now Prospectors' Cantina, serving burritos, bowls and nachos. Cotton Blossom BBQ is the new flagship dining facility serving BBQ.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 am

Nice, thank you for the update. Clearly I haven't been up there yet this year. :lol: I'll have to check those places out when I go.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby WOF_Fan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Nice, thank you for the update. Clearly I haven't been up there yet this year. :lol: I'll have to check those places out when I go.

Several food changes this year

Vittle Griddle is now Gold Rush Pizza, with standard pizza and a special pizza with Mac-N-Cheese and Fries on it.
Battle Creek BBQ is now Prospector's Burritos and Cantina, which features build your own bowls, burritos and nachos.
Paisano's is now Let Them Eat Cake, funnel cakes, smooties, bubble tea, pastries
Chicken Shack is now Scandi Snacks with turkey legs, chicken, hot dogs, beer, wine
G'Rilla Grill now serves burgers, chicken strips
And Cotton Blossom BBQ - new location with seating for over 300 serving BBQ.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Nice!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!