Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This button makes my penis erect.

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Um.......it was.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby DavidW » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Valravn construction time lapse: Videos | Playlist
Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction Facebook

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Password121 wrote:
CoasterGuy06 wrote:
WOFanatic wrote:Kings Dominion never competes with Busch because they still make tons of money and they are scared to take chances.

Um....Intimidator 305 says hello.

Wow that was one of the most incorrect statements ever. Volcano, Hypersonic, and I-305 were all risky investments.
And wait... BGW?? Lol the park with three B&M's, a family launcher, a tried and true launcher, and an old looper? What, is Mach Tower "risky" because it's always broken?

Hypersonic and Volcano were built before CF owned the park. I305 was huge, but it was nothing risky. The chain had already built a gigs coaster at the time and had been working with INTAMIN at the time.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:43 pm

WOFanatic wrote:
Password121 wrote:
CoasterGuy06 wrote:
WOFanatic wrote:Kings Dominion never competes with Busch because they still make tons of money and they are scared to take chances.

Um....Intimidator 305 says hello.

Wow that was one of the most incorrect statements ever. Volcano, Hypersonic, and I-305 were all risky investments.
And wait... BGW?? Lol the park with three B&M's, a family launcher, a tried and true launcher, and an old looper? What, is Mach Tower "risky" because it's always broken?

Hypersonic and Volcano were built before CF owned the park. I305 was huge, but it was nothing risky. The chain had already built a gigs coaster at the time and had been working with INTAMIN at the time.

So... Pre-CF Kings Dominion is not the same park as post-CF Kings Dominion? Why does it matter when Kings Dominion built those rides?
And if you don't think a $25 million terrain hugging, first of its kind giga coaster isn't a slight risk, you're crazy. Why have only Cedar Fair parks built giga coasters in North America? Because any investment that major is very risky, *especially* a coaster like I-305.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Password121 wrote:So... Pre-CF Kings Dominion is not the same park as post-CF Kings Dominion? Why does it matter when Kings Dominion built those rides?
And if you don't think a $25 million terrain hugging, first of its kind giga coaster isn't a slight risk, you're crazy. Why have only Cedar Fair parks built giga coasters in North America? Because any investment that major is very risky, *especially* a coaster like I-305.

I have to agree with this as it does have some truth to it. Cedar Point (at that point in time) was the only other park in the chain that received an investment that large on a single attraction. This was especially risky when the park's revenue is well below Cedar Point's. So yes, it was a risky investment for the park& CF.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Airtime&Gravity wrote:Surprised this hasn't been added yet.

Worlds of Fun has announced that they will be expanding their Planet Snoopy with five new rides for 2016.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Families can glide, fly and launch into 2016 at Worlds of Fun with the addition of five new family rides coming to Planet Snoopy next season:

Woodstock Gliders - Young guests control their own flight with movable stationary wings.
Flying Ace - Get your aviator glasses ready for a high-flying adventure with Snoopy
Snoopy Space Buggies - Defy gravity and bounce to the moon and back
Linus Launcher - Experience the sensation of weightlessness through flight with feet dangling
Snoopy Junction - All aboard! Snoopy the conductor leads kids on a railroad adventure
“Thrills come in all sizes,” says vice president and general manager Frank Wilburn. “It’s important that we continue to create the best family environment for our guests and what better place to do that than right here at Planet Snoopy where we create memories that last a lifetime.”

Planet Snoopy was added to Worlds of Fun in 2011 and will now feature 21 family style rides at Kansas City’s favorite amusement park. Little ones can take a trip on monster trucks, take to the skies on a forty-foot balloon ride, or hop in a new spinning tug-boat for the whole family. Sing and dance with Peanuts Party in the Park, a show with a special musical appearance by Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang live in Planet Snoopy Plaza!

Season Passes for 2016 are now on sale at the lowest price they will be this year! For only $99, experience Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun all summer long including Halloween Haunt. When you purchase your 2016 Season Pass, you get one free visit to Worlds of Fun 2015! Guest favorites like the World Food and Wine Festival and the All-American Barbeque and Brew Festival are set to return in 2016.

Link

Never mind, missed it as the most recent posts were wondering if WoF was due for a coaster. Also, I figured it would be posted at 2 like KI's announcement yesterday.

This is a really great announcement! The low season pass price (pretty much on par with SDC's prices; WoF is usually a lot higher), plus the season refill cup like Six Flags introduced last year are very good value propositions for families. Flying scooters are a big hit, and the other four new rides are some popular children's rides that SFStL and/or SDC already have. Good move on their part--makes a ton of business sense. Yes, no one's going to drive halfway across the country for this, but for Missouri families, this makes a strong case for going to Worlds of Fun next year.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Slides to rides » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:38 pm

chadster wrote:New for 2016

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Families can glide, fly and launch into 2016 at Worlds of Fun with the addition of five new family rides coming to Planet Snoopy next season:

Woodstock Gliders - Young guests control their own flight with movable stationary wings.
Flying Ace - Get your aviator glasses ready for a high-flying adventure with Snoopy
Snoopy Space Buggies - Defy gravity and bounce to the moon and back
Linus Launcher - Experience the sensation of weightlessness through flight with feet dangling
Snoopy Junction - All aboard! Snoopy the conductor leads kids on a railroad adventure
“Thrills come in all sizes,” says vice president and general manager Frank Wilburn. “It’s important that we continue to create the best family environment for our guests and what better place to do that than right here at Planet Snoopy where we create memories that last a lifetime.”

Planet Snoopy was added to Worlds of Fun in 2011 and will now feature 21 family style rides at Kansas City’s favorite amusement park. Little ones can take a trip on monster trucks, take to the skies on a forty-foot balloon ride, or hop in a new spinning tug-boat for the whole family. Sing and dance with Peanuts Party in the Park, a show with a special musical appearance by Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang live in Planet Snoopy Plaza!

Season Passes for 2016 are now on sale at the lowest price they will be this year! For only $99, experience Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun all summer long including Halloween Haunt. When you purchase your 2016 Season Pass, you get one free visit to Worlds of Fun 2015! Guest favorites like the World Food and Wine Festival and the All-American Barbeque and Brew Festival are set to return in 2016.

What is the ride in the upper left hand corner? If anyone could post a picture of a similar ride that would be greaat.
Home Park Worlds of Fun

Wood: #3 Goliath #2 Voyage #1 Outlaw Run
Steel: #3 Monster #2 Maverick #1 Steel Vengeance
Favorite Parks: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Knotts Berry Farm, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, Holiday World, Six Flags Great America

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:44 pm

The Air Race? It's like an inverted whip ride Pretty sure Zamperla builds them.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Slides to rides wrote:What is the ride in the upper left hand corner? If anyone could post a picture of a similar ride that would be greaat.

It looks like a kiddie whip.

Knoebel's Kiddie Whip, from TPR's Road To Cedar Point 2011 photo trip report.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Slides to rides » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Thats cool... I guess... At least its better than the kiddie haunted House. I noticed a path going down by Detonator.
Home Park Worlds of Fun

Wood: #3 Goliath #2 Voyage #1 Outlaw Run
Steel: #3 Monster #2 Maverick #1 Steel Vengeance
Favorite Parks: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Knotts Berry Farm, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, Holiday World, Six Flags Great America

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!