Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 am

Intimidator305 wrote:^ Thanks for the information.

At the moment, it's looking like I'll be at KI on a Monday/Tuesday and CP on Wednesday/Thursday. I'm hoping this will help with crowds, but I do plan on getting Fast Lane at CP. I really don't see the need at KI since KD is my "home" park and I can ride all the FOF, Backlot, Windseeker, ect. I want back here in Virginia.

I did Kings Island on a Monday in July, Holiday World on Tuesday, and CP on Weds/Thurs.

Kings Island wasn't very busy on that Monday. Our longest waits were Flight of Fear and Firehawk, both about 20-30 mins in the afternoon. Cedar Point however was fairly busy. TTD, Maverick and MILF were 90 minutes all day. Raptor and Mantis were around an hour most of the day but dropped greatly in the evening to like 15 minutes. Everything else was a minimal wait but it still took a full 10-10 day on Wednesday to get everything.

Thu May 10, 2012 1:39 pm

If Son of Beast is destroyed, I think a good replacement would be an Intamin Prefab or a Rocky Mountain coaster. Something that has some parts that are reminiscent of Son of Beast, like the Rose Bowl.

Thu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm

i don't care what they replace SOB with, as long as it runs over 1,500 Persons Per Hour. That park gets in over 3.2 Million, they could use a couple more high capacity rides.

Thu May 10, 2012 3:22 pm

At this point I don't even care if they replace it, just get rid of it. It's an eyesore.

Thu May 10, 2012 5:09 pm

I always thought that an Intamin Giga launched coaster, like a taller version of Formula Rossa would be perfect for KI. Now that SOB is "gone", I can see this being constructed there.

Thu May 10, 2012 10:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:At this point I don't even care if they replace it, just get rid of it. It's an eyesore.

An eyesore? I feel many would agree with me that it's one of the most magnificent looking structures at any park, anywhere, operating or not.

Thu May 10, 2012 10:51 pm

XYZ wrote:I always thought that an Intamin Giga launched coaster, like a taller version of Formula Rossa would be perfect for KI. Now that SOB is "gone", I can see this being constructed there.

What does this mean? Giga launched coaster? Are you talking like a shorter TTD or something? Cause Formula Rossa isn't really like that, and a ride like TTD is pretty pointless for KI.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 am

chickenbowl wrote:
XYZ wrote:I always thought that an Intamin Giga launched coaster, like a taller version of Formula Rossa would be perfect for KI. Now that SOB is "gone", I can see this being constructed there.

What does this mean? Giga launched coaster? Are you talking like a shorter TTD or something? Cause Formula Rossa isn't really like that, and a ride like TTD is pretty pointless for KI.

Well, having a launched coaster that has those swooping turns on Formula Rossa, having it look different from TTD. Really, there isn't much of a selection of 300'+ coasters to choose from.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:03 am

DBru wrote:
coasterbill wrote:At this point I don't even care if they replace it, just get rid of it. It's an eyesore.

An eyesore? I feel many would agree with me that it's one of the most magnificent looking structures at any park, anywhere, operating or not.

Maybe it was a bad choice of words on my part...

It's magnificent looking at the moment but when it's not operating, it becomes a huge black eye for the park because everyone knows it's an abandoned coaster that nobody feels like tearing down. Plus, a few more years of neglect and it will start to look as rough as it used to ride.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Kings Island has sent us a press advisory regarding the near-completion of construction on the Soak City Water Park.

An army of construction crews, landscapers, painters and others are working feverishly to put the finishing touches on Kings Island’s all-new Soak City Waterpark. A VIP Preview Weekend for Gold and Platinum season passholders is set for May 19 and 20. The grand opening will be May 26, when the 33-acre waterpark begins its daily operation. Soak City is the place to go for aquatic thrill-seekers this summer and features more than 50 water activities, including thrill rides, family attractions, kids’ play areas and plenty of lounging room for grown ups. Guests will also enjoy the many new amenities like sand volleyball and five-star chair-side waiter service. Soak City is included free with park admission to Kings Island.
Attachments
KI_SoakCity_Const.JPG
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS