Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: KICoasterkev and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am

prozach626 wrote:The fact that Kings Island has trolled enthusiasts from the very beginning of this project only solidifies it as my favorite park. Tearing down Firehawk, 287 feet, Vortex closure, webcam outages/positioning? How about the announcement of antique cars on National Roller Coaster Day? Best park ever!

1000000% I forgot about the antique cars on the National Roller Coaster day :lol:

Along with some of the Cedar Fair videos that are actually funny and Kentucky Kingdom embracing the 'lol' persona it's a fun off season so far!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Bamwa » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 am

Orion has the launch of death right now. Looks like the ski jump at the winter Olympics. Just put me a net out there in the field.......

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bengalsguy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:02 pm

In regards to the Banshee discussion, I find it to be a much superior ride in the front row, unlike other inverts which ride best in the back. The front is much more forceful and smooth. To anyone who had a meh ride in the back I definitely recommend a front row ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:08 am

I agree. Banshee is a front row ride for me, too.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 am

In my experience, Banshee runs like crap in the back of the train. I wouldn't say it's rough but it's weird and shakes like crazy.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 am.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:10 am

Perhaps it's just me, but I didn't find any invert yet I liked in the back row. All B&M's the other way, I love to death in the front row.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 am

Any old school invert with a batwing is "back row or GTFO" for me.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:17 am.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 am

Yeah.. Maybe you gotta put some of these Batman clones to central Europe.. :(
But Raptor, Monster, Black Mamba and Banshee.. Front row, outside, please.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:48 am

This was shared on The Coaster Kings facebook page. Honestly, this was not the color I was expecting. I can't say I hate it, but I'm interested to see how it'll match with the track.
Orion Train.jpg

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:55 am

I don't think Banshee particularly runs well in any row, to be honest. That wider/modified train design just doesn’t feel “right” to me. Because the train is wider, I’d assume the weight is distributed differently on the chassis, it definitely feels different than any other invert. If anything, it feels more like an inverted dive-coaster train, if that makes sense. It definitely doesn’t run as refined/smooth, even since new.

Banshee’s layout is fantastic, but the profiling of the elements is what bothers me (along with those trains). Add some traditional shaping and even if just a little “snap” back into the elements with the standard trains and it would be phenomenal, if not one of the best.

I personally think inverts give a phenomenal back seat ride. While of course front always wins for visuals, being whipped around those snappy, old school elements in the back is something special.
-Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!