Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:12 pm

^
What? He's serious! You can clearly see that this coaster will have so many trims that it needs booster wheels to complete the course! They can't be serious! First that ridiculous high break run, then it's too short and now this evidence of typical "new B&M forcelessness"! It's nothing like the rendering. They should have gone with Intamin anyway. And go 400 feet with a vertical drop directly. But nooo, a cookie cutter giga like aaaaaaalllll the others. Nothing innovative. And these colours! They just amplify the forcelessness. I'll never visit KI again until they built something really impressive. They need a poler coaster. Or an Aquatrax, since CP obviously doesn't want to built those two.

Did I miss any typical enthusiast complaints?
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:22 pm

prozach626 wrote:Looks forceless.

I watched the POV and can confirm it will be forceless. I rank it below Fury, I305, Millennium Force, and Leviathan which I have not ridden yet but know it is my 4th favorite due to the POV. ;)
Pedrinho wrote:Did I miss any typical enthusiast complaints?

The B&M rattle on Orion is terrible. It's so rough I had a headache for two weeks. And it has terrible capacity. One and done.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby DILinator » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:47 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:

I watched the POV and can confirm it will be forceless. I rank it below Fury, I305, Millennium Force, and Leviathan which I have not ridden yet but know it is my 4th favorite due to the POV. ;)

Having finally ridden Leviathan over the weekend, my thought after that, was that it was still a mind-blowingly amazing coaster, in spite of often being regarded as the "worst Giga", and that Orion has some great elements that should make it even better than Leviathan! So there's no reason for anybody be worried about Orion being awesome!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:14 pm

DILinator wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:

Having finally ridden Leviathan over the weekend, my thought after that, was that it was still a mind-blowingly amazing coaster, in spite of often being regarded as the "worst Giga", and that Orion has some great elements that should make it even better than Leviathan! So there's no reason for anybody be worried about Orion being awesome!

My thoughts exactly. Orion is KI's giga. It's not a record breaker, but it'll probably be the best ride at the park. If you want an even better ride, travel to Carowinds, and while you're there, enjoy the other amazing rides in their lineup!

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm

psssssst... they're being sarcastic
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm.

Postby DILinator » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:12 pm

^Yeah, I completely know that! :lol: I know Rawkin personally, so I know how she feels about it! :) I was just adding my commentary on the mocked "controversy", based on my recent Leviathan experience. Sarcasm may not always be the easiest thing to deduce online, but I wasn't exactly born yesterday, especially in regard to this hobby! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 pm

I really liked Leviathan. If Orion can be on that level or better this thing will kick ass.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:34 am

Is being the "worst giga" like saying "worst sex I've ever had"? Even if its the worst its still great, right?

I've only ridden MF so I cant say which is the "worst"

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:41 am

I've been on all four North American gigas. They're all kick-ass rides and they're all (in my mind) the best ride in their respective parks. Leviathan is probably the least awesome of all of them and I would prefer it to anything at Kings Island during the day.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:43 am.

Postby DILinator » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:59 am

Having just gotten on my last North American Giga myself last weekend, I agree with Bill that they're all kick a$$ rides, and among the best in their park. The only outlier for me personally is I-305, which I don't care much for. But it's still a massive coaster that kicks your a$$, for sure. I also prefer SV to MF, ever so slightly, and Behemoth is nearly as good as Leviathan too. But the bottom line is a Giga is going to be a great coaster, regardless, and I have no doubt Orion will be at worst, the second best coaster at KI, and likely will be the best! Leviathan is better than anything at KI (at least in the day) in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure I'll like Orion even more, making is a Top 10 coaster for me!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!