Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: Pedrinho and 32 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:31 pm

The blue looks darker than the animation vid, much prefer the actual track color.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:52 pm

^I was thinking the same thing! I'm definitely loving that color, and looking forward to seeing it loom above the KI skyline when I approach for the first time next year!

diamondzznspurs wrote:I enjoy meeting up with people when it works out, and it seems like KI is the place I've done that mostly, lately! Years ago I met a bunch of people at CP from a site I frequented at the time (now defunct), and many of them are still close friends! However, I also have met people, particularly from one site and club which shall not be named, who were A-holes, for the most part (ironically, at a KI event), and then of course there's the ones you always hear about who frequent Enthusiast events, that are... shall we say, socially challenged.

I have to jump in here....I know this was posted a while ago but wow someone that actually feels the way I do. I consider myself an enthusiast and my homepark is KI. I've been thrilled with the announcement of Orion and feel VERY lucky to have so many good coasters in one park. Granted CP is my favorite and only 5 hours away, but I don't get there as often. I don't understand how people are complaining and judging when the coaster hasn't been built yet. I was at the announcement and even though we knew what was coming it was still really exciting. I have had issues w a certain group/person in another group that went as far as to try to get me kicked out of ACE and KI. I couldn't believe when I got a call from ACE saying so and so says you're threatening him. Smh He kicked me out of his group because I had an opinion, every park has their strengths and weaknesses but in his group you don't dare ever say anything negative. Sadly, he has the backing of KI even though numerous people have all complained about how nasty he is. This all happened right before Coasterstock in May and it was really uncomfortable running into him and his cronies. I absolutely love KI and love meeting new people in our travels. If people are so upset about this coaster than that's just less people waiting when I get in line! I've lurked in this group for quite a long time but have rarely commented, maybe I should have more, you guys seem to be of the same mindset as I am. I'm glad I started looking around again.

When I started reading the first part of your post there, I was thinking, "Man! This person is EXACTLY like me!" Then I realized it WAS me! :lmao:

I'm glad you commiserate regarding the "bad egg" issue you can definitely encounter among enthusiasts. I swear, I've never seen another "enthusiast" fandom that can sometimes seem so anti-social, dour, and unenthusiastic about what they supposedly love! :lol: Still, I have had primarily positive experiences in person with other enthusiasts, and always enjoy meeting up, and spending time with other like-minded people! Just so long as they know and understand I'll probably have three of my kids with me, as they're all coaster-lovers too, and my primary riding partners! =)

It's good to have you back here! TPR may not be perfect, but from my venturing around the world of internet coaster enthusiasm over the past 20 years, I do think it's the best community I've found, at least that's still currently around! :)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 am

coneyislandchris wrote:Don't do it, Zach. You already get exposed to enough of the worst of humanity with your job. Don't go actively looking for it on Twitter. It's a cesspool.

:lmao: :lmao: You make a good point!

Postby jynx242 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:17 am

I really do love this color of blue - it is going to look awesome.

In regards to the "coaster people" topic - I went on I think 6 TPR tours back in the day and most everybody on the trips were awesome. I've made some lifelong friends and really love them. For example, my husband and I got married in Orlando a couple of years ago - around 15 people I've met through TPR flew in for my wedding which brought me a lot of joy. At some events I've come across people that were the negative stereotype and generally just stayed away from them :), but I've met many more really funny and fun people than I've met of that type. I'll forever remember marathoning Intimatidator 232 with a 65 year old grandmother who had just gotten a new hip!! She was a hoot!

As my little guy gets older and able to ride everything I look forward to taking trips with him and maybe meeting some of you lovely people. Until that time - if you get down to SFoG feel free to give me a shout!

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:43 am

It looks like there's now a construction webcam.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

I know this is kind of last minute, but has anyone been to Pride Night at Kings Island? It’s tonight 6-12pm. It’s a separate ticketed event so it’s not on the park calendar and passes aren’t valid entry. I’m thinking about going but unsure if I want to or not. Anyone know more about it? Like are the rides open? It’s unclear to me from the website.
Last edited by RAWKIN_coaster38 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:59 pm.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:43 pm

^I’ve had friends who’ve gone the past few years and they said it’s a blast! I’m pretty sure most rides are open.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KIEnthusiast » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Postby prozach626 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Looks forceless.

Postby DILinator » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:42 pm

prozach626 wrote:Looks forceless.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!