Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm having a hard time imagining how much the coaster will absolutely dwarf The Racer, and dominate the skyline of everything within the vicinity of the park by next spring. It looks like fun! Can't wait to try it after the queue line finally drops under being 12 light years long, lol.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Mustangman55 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 pm

I have a feeling the color scheme will look even better in person! Love the location, the layout is cool as hell and pretty unique. Big congratulations to those who have Kings Island as their home Park.

Kings island was already on my to do list but now I’m very glad I waited! Stoked!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Man, since the last time I visited this park, it's added Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and now THIS?!

Looks like I'm way overdue for another trip!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm

this looks incredible.. I really need to get to King's Island,it's one of the handful of US parks still on my bucketlist

(along side SFMM, Dollywood, and SFGAdv)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 pm

I enjoyed the park immensely Thursday, visiting with my kids and meeting up with RAWKIN and Inverted (who are both great people, and everybody should meet them sometime!) Even with my favorite coaster there (Diamondback) down all day, it was a great time at this fabulous park! The crowds being super low all day and lines almost non-existent certainly didn't hurt either! We got to the park at 1:00, and I still got three laps each on MT and Banshee, as well as every other non-kiddie coaster except Vortex and FoF once!

As for the announcement, it was fun to finally be a part of one, and even though there were literally zero surprises (other than there being zero surprises), it was cool to see it all officially announced, and feel the buzz in the crowd! I'm also loving the off ride images provided, and can't wait to see it in person (and ride it of course) next year!

So, thanks to KI for the fun event, and the Coney Mall ERT (We got last ride of the night on Monster! Woo hoo!) And congrats on the upcoming debut of Orion, their awesome KIga coaster! :)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Looks like a great addition to the park!!!

Can’t wait to give it a go next season!
Bigger is not always better.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 am

Wow, this is really awesome. The upwards helix will have quite the experience.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ Oh man, if you've never been to Kings Island, you need to. Second best park in the Midwest after SDC.

Beer Man isn't at SDC.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 am

i305isdaddy wrote:Does anyone have any technical theory for why this and Leviathan have brake runs that are seemingly 100' in the air?

People on here will give countless reasons, but until B&M comes out and explicitly states why, nobody will ever know.

I'm not going to lie, when B&M does this absurd final brake run shit, it looks like absolute garbage. There's no practical reason for a 100 foot tall brake run that's 1000 feet long when you have plenty of open space underneath, surrounding the ride, and enough train speed to make the overall ride experience that much better for another 10-15 seconds. It's a literal waste of track and space.

Orion is not getting me out to Kings Island next year. I'm so fed up with cookie cutter B&M infiltrating the US/North American market with lackluster coasters when spectacular rides like DC Rivals & Helix by Mack or Taron by Intamin produce much better roller coaster experiences you can't find anywhere else.

I really wish they'd stop buying these B&M coasters and have some balls to go for the good stuff.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:20 am

^ Cool! One fewer person in line.

prozach626 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ Oh man, if you've never been to Kings Island, you need to. Second best park in the Midwest after SDC.

Beer Man isn't at SDC.

Indeed he is not. Although he is in downtown Branson after SDC closes at 7 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!