Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1814 - Orion Giga Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Ape, coasternut79, Doppel Looping, RollerColester and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:02 pm

This was Indianapolis, which is a couple hours away. But, we do want to briefly explore Cincinnati on one of our many trips to KI sometime. I think we've been to KI over 10 times since 2013 and we've yet to hit the city aside from one night after the park where it was the nearest Hyatt that wasn't booked. Even then, we just went straight to bed and stopped for breakfast on the way out of town.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:13 am

I was at the park on Saturday as well and got this from the top of the Eiffel Tower. I feel like I shouldn't have been so surprised considering it's a Saturday in August, but wow.
20190810_172924-1000.jpg
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:44 am

That and the weather was beautiful.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:31 pm

Dang. I had always heard complaints of a rattle on DB, (a rattle I for one admittedly hardly notice, even towards and in outeredge seats), but very seldom have I heard anyone say it ruined or even significantly diminish the ride.

Perhaps its a matter of expectations? After all, no one goes into riding decades old wooden coasters (Beast, Boss) expecting a smooth ride so its not out of the ordinary when they're rough.

I guess you could say B&M hypers often fall victim to their own lofty standards, to where anything short of a perfectly smooth ride seems like a letdown.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm

It's definitely noticeable in the back of the train wing seats (12, 14, 16), not as noticeable in the inner seats (13, 15) and it's been like that since it opened in 2009. For some reason the bottom of the drop coming out of the turnaround going up into the trim brake hill is the worst part. It's like you're going through gravel :lol: I suggest riding in 13 or 15 next time.

Personal faves: row 2 for the hangtime over the first drop on the outer seats, row 10 for a good blend of middle and back, and then either 15 or 16 for the whip over the drops.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby prozach626 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Pieces of a crane have arrived on scene, so hopefully we'll see some track pieces sometime soon.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 am

One of the teasers is that Diamondback will no longer be the longest steel coaster at KI.

Diamondback: Length 5,282 ft (1,610 m)

Other similar 300+ft coasters:
Leviathan: Length 5486 feet
i305: Length 5100 feet

Final predictions? Are we going to see something crazy like a launched lift hill? First cable lift by B&M? A drop track? Will crazy KI superfans storm the stage if it's not over 300ft but still has a 300ft drop? Vest restraints? 48 trims?!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 am

I expect this coaster to be a pretty even split between Leviathan and Fury. I think it will be longer and have a few more elements than Leviathan but not quite as long or crazy as Fury. With that being said, you can only tell so much from an overhead view of the layout.

I can't wait for the announcement tomorrow. It's not very often we have a new Giga to look forward to!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dmh1079 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Final predictions? Are we going to see something crazy like a launched lift hill? First cable lift by B&M? A drop track? Will crazy KI superfans storm the stage if it's not over 300ft but still has a 300ft drop? Vest restraints? 48 trims?!

All of the above. Plus a shed.
Top Ten: El Toro, Steel Vengeance, Intimidator 305, GhostRider, X2, Voyage, Fury 325, Maverick, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 am

The other teaser that was just released:

Eiffel Tower will no longer have the longest 'drop' in the park next year. :| :roll: :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!