Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 222: Park scheduled to reopen 5/29!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:25 am

^
Yeah, even on holiday weekends the seldomly exceed one hour - and you will still move all the time while in queue.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:31 pm

^,^^ Nice! Good to know! As it stands, I think 2022 will be the year I finally make it overseas, as my son wants to go to Germany to ride coasters for his Graduation trip!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:21 am

Here's a picture posted by Michael Mack on Twitter of the new Piraten in Batavia ride at Europa Park. There is also a video on his timeline showing the ride in action. I'm not sure if this will feature the rocking boat technology they showed off recently, but this tweet suggests it might. I think it would be a wasted opportunity not to show off this new tech, so fingers crossed.

EbIAPauVAAEIKtl.jpeg

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:36 am

This is pretty much a straight rebuild, so just a regular free flowing boat ride. I think the track in that tweet is for some scenery.

I really hoped they were going to pull the ol' switcheroo and use this as showcase for the new tech, but alas!

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Dar wrote:This is pretty much a straight rebuild, so just a regular free flowing boat ride. I think the track in that tweet is for some scenery.

I really hoped they were going to pull the ol' switcheroo and use this as showcase for the new tech, but alas!

Source for the bold written text?
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:57 pm

All the pictures they've posted, their blogs, and the making of series? They've been clear that they're sticking as close to the old ride as possible except updating the story and the animatronics.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Baffles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Hoping it does use the rocking boat technology, but looks like there will no / minimal restraints which wouldn't work to keep guests in the boat! Am sure it'll be an absolutely flawless attraction regardless.

I just hope they add the sea monster from the concept video.. :lmao:

7ED9927A-7C8D-4195-8523-EBD0391A6923.jpeg
Rawwwwww

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:15 pm

These pictures of the boats show they've just got side and bottom rollers, and no way to mount a track, or receive power for the rocking.
Source: Michael Mack's twitter

And this picture of Roland in the empty trough, without track
Also Herr Mack's twitter

I can't wait to see what they finally do with the concept though!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Whether the boats rock or not, it still looks wonderful! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Dar wrote:These pictures of the boats show they've just got side and bottom rollers, and no way to mount a track, or receive power for the rocking.
Source: Michael Mack's twitter

And this picture of Roland in the empty trough, without track
Also Herr Mack's twitter

I can't wait to see what they finally do with the concept though!

Thanks for the update. Dind't follow their Twitter. Although I really like it being close to the original I was just sure they'd use their new technology.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!