Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 222: Park scheduled to reopen 5/29!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby maryamb » Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 am

Planning to visit Europa Park on 7th of June, but this Corona thing makes me doubt... What do you guys think? Is it worth going even with all the madness around COVID-19?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby gardyloo! » Sat May 30, 2020 8:27 am

Garet wrote:I've always liked having options at parks to skip the lines. Even when they're out of my price range *cough* so far only USJ *cough* it's nice the option is there if I want it (USJ is only an hour flight away and not a once in a lifetime so it's not the end of the world to stick it out in single rider lines than shell out I think we saw over $200 a person for a Flying Dinosaur 7 when the school vacation was on). Judging by reactions I see on some sites or social media celebrating about Disney Fastpass+ being suspended there's way more anti fastpass people than I thought.

Fast Passes are amazing and the way to go when visiting a park. I'm just saying that Europa doesn't necessarily need it. Sometimes operations are just so bad at some parks, that you're just obliged to buy a fast pass. Port Aventura for example leaves cars empty on trains when lines get 'too short'... smh Also, when Fast Pass lines overflow and even those lines are an hour+ wait is also a bit problematic imo
However, in general, fast pass is awesome and often significantly improves your day!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 am

maryamb wrote:Planning to visit Europa Park on 7th of June, but this Corona thing makes me doubt... What do you guys think? Is it worth going even with all the madness around COVID-19?

We probably need more information to make an informed reply.

Have you been before?
Where are you travelling from?
How would you be going there?
How long are you planning to visit for?

All these things matter because if it's your first visit or you are travelling a long way, there is more at stake - both in terms of your enjoyment but also the risks of going and the costs if things don't work out.

If I were local and had visited the park many times before, honestly I would go. But if I were travelling a long way for my first visit, I absolutely would not.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Noctew » Sat May 30, 2020 9:15 am

gardyloo! wrote:Europa prides themelves for not having a paid fast pass system and honestly I think they are the only park in the world were they can get away with it (apart from Disney), that's how good their operations are!

Europa Park (and Phantasialand) have amazing operations, but even that goes only so far when there's 60,000 people in the park on a late spring holiday or bridging day, half of which want to ride all of the "big five" (Wodan, Blue Fire, Eurosat Can Can, Silver Star and Euromir) on one day. Won't happen, you'll need two days if you're also planning to eat or ride some smaller attractions. A virtual queue system will help quite a bit, but is no magic bullet.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:41 am

Honestly, as one who feels home at Europa Park ans has been there at every possible stage of crowdyness, I assume (not guarantee!) that it will be really save to go now. Crowds will be very low, the park cuts the crowds somewhere between 25% and 33%. With the new virtual queue, you'll have to stand in line even less. Take two days, if not affordable don't stay on site as most of the private venues are within a five minute walk from the entrace to save money. Kiefer Apartments would be my first choice of call. Also, everyone in Rust needs money now, so share your expenses not only to Europa helps everyone right now.
It will be no park experience like usual, but in two days you will be able to ride every ride as much as you want.
If you've only got one day, you may be able to do everything, but you may miss a lot of the unique park experience and details. Besides wearing masks and having to keep a distance, the whole team will do everything to give you a perfect good time during the crisis.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:18 am

A moving melodrama by Europapark explaining the reopening measures they have put in place (turn on subtitles if required).

One of the things I found interesting is that you now have to pull down and check your own restraint for obvious reasons. This is one of three approaches I've seen so far from different parks in Europe (other methods being to use a tool to check and also just having the member of staff kitted out with a face shield/PPE)

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:52 am

I like how they've put some effort into their signs. Make this whole ordeal a bit more enjoyable.

310520talsielhot10.jpg

310520talsielhot13.jpg

310520talsielhot19.jpg

photos by looopings

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 pm

Its funny to me that Europa Park didn't have a skip the line system, because as one of the most avid, and vocal opponents of the concept, who hates it here in America at the parks I visit, Europa Park is definitely one of the foreign parks I would be inclined to splurge and use it at if they had it! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:50 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:One of the things I found interesting is that you now have to pull down and check your own restraint for obvious reasons. This is one of three approaches I've seen so far from different parks in Europe (other methods being to use a tool to check and also just having the member of staff kitted out with a face shield/PPE)

This is actually pretty common at the Disney parks here in the U.S., and even before the pandemic, they've always simply told you to push up on the bar / harness or pull on the seat belt's yellow strap.

BDG wrote:I like how they've put some effort into their signs. Make this whole ordeal a bit more enjoyable.

Seems like every park has gotten to exercise their graphic design muscles as of late, which as a graphics professional myself, I appreciate.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:27 am

DILinator wrote:Its funny to me that Europa Park didn't have a skip the line system, because as one of the most avid, and vocal opponents of the concept, who hates it here in America at the parks I visit, Europa Park is definitely one of the foreign parks I would be inclined to splurge and use it at if they had it! :lol:

They don't need it, though. They pump people through their attractions like they're on an assembly line. The only rides I've seen with long-ish waits are the coasters and even with a long line they usually only take about 30 minutes.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!