Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 12, 2019 11:21 pm

^^Stay at Hotel Colosseo if you can. An easy walk to the park,
and the restaurants are great. The bar is, too. :smile:
I_01RoomView1_ColoseeoHotel_Europa.jpg
Our Colosseo Hotel room view. TPR 2008 Europe Tour.
Resize of I-09.jpg
Along the path, from the hotel to the park. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Pedrinho » Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 am

^What Elissa and Bill said.
Plus, after 6 pm crowds will get significantly lower. Between noon and 2 pm there'll be sign at each ride op booth telling you how long the park will be open on this day. The minimum is 6 pm, but reality says that it's never under 7 pm in the summer. We've even had a 9 pm day.
If you want to go to the Food Loop Restaurant, you'll have to make reservations. The line for the reastaurant can be up to one hour plus waiting for your food. Otherwise I recommend the Irish Pub in the irish kiddie area. It's awesome and has a very low line after 1 pm. The other option is what we did for the first time: Ignore the big restaurants, go snacking over the course of the day and go for a larger dinner. There are so many litte snack shacks we've missed so many times - it was well worth it.
Oh, and download the app. Wait times are almost always accurate and so it helps you a lot. It also shows you where you are and how you have to walk to get to your desired attraction.
Any other particular questions? :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 13, 2019 8:51 am

SharkTums wrote:^Stay at one of the resorts. Budget at least 2.5 days Do everything!

Don't forget to eat everything too!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 am

^Yes!

^^I like the snacking around the world method too!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 13, 2019 11:15 am

And above everything else....

RACLETTE! ;)

Unless you're not a big fan of cheese.
Raclette-EuropaDec2011.jpg
In the Swiss section of Europa Park, of course! (o:
Raclette-Europa.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 am

Also you can drink around the world in the evenings; most of the bars in the hotels are really good, particularly the Buena Vista Club on the 9th floor of the Castillo Alcazar hotel (use the lift from reception). The views across the park are fantastic, and there is a little Moroccan-style smoking lounge tucked away at the back. It's magical. The bar in Bell Rock is nice, too. It's good that you can explore the hotels and their restaurants/bars here (unlike Efteling or Port Aventura where you're kinda stuck in whichever hotel you stay in) and there are always fountain shows going on, or nice garden areas to sit in.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby funtime_arena » Mon May 20, 2019 8:37 am

ADMIN EDIT: LINK REMOVED -All you ever do is spam your YouTube videos here. Do it again and you will be banned from our forum.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon May 20, 2019 1:35 pm.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 am

Will be at Europa in about 3 weeks and we have our hotel booked at Krønasår... Looking forward to it!
-Steve

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Pedrinho » Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 am

^
You are aware that this hotel is about fifteen walking minutes away from the real park, aren't you? So you'll have to use the shuttle.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 am

Pedrinho wrote:^
You are aware that this hotel is about fifteen walking minutes away from the real park, aren't you? So you'll have to use the shuttle.

Yeah, that's fine. Walk or shuttle, whatever. Don't matter to me!
-Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!