Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 213: CanCan coaster opens
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:04 am

Got my three nights booked at the New Kronosar Hotel in late June, hoping to get lucky and Rulantica opens early :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 am

Reconstruction of burned-down Europa-Park attraction has started

240918herbouw1.jpg

Europa-Park has started the reconstruction of the Pirates in Batavia attraction, which was destroyed in May by a fire. The German theme park has let this know on social media. The Scandinavia themed area, which was also affected by the enormous fire, is being restored.

Pirates in Batavia opened in 1987. After the huge fire on 26th of May 2018, there was virtually nothing left of the iconic darkride. The management of Europa-Park has decided that the attraction will return, but with the technology of today.

The precise plans have not yet been announced. It is the intention that visitors can take a ride again in 2020. The Scandinavian part has to be finished next year. All blackened remains have been demolished in recent months and were removed.

The fire in Europa-Park was caused by a technical defect next to the rapids ride Fjord Rafting. The water attraction was reopened two weeks after the fire.

240918herbouw2.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:51 am

I rode the new Eurosat today and I wanted to share my experience. The new queueline and station is beautiful and much more spacious than before. The new trains are very comfortable and there seems to be a bit more room than before. The new track is much smoother than before and the new elements are great! The onboard soundtrack fits the ride perfectly and I love that they included a new version of the old one :)

However the soundtrack only worked one time out of the five times I rode it today... And all the effects after the lift was turned off. Apparently the park have done this because of the huge backlash they have gotten for the theming, the project team have been personally abused on social media! I hope they find a solution soon because the ride has great potential :)

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 pm

I can not believe that they are ALREADY starting construction of the new attraction! This turn around is really amazing, and I am so happy that the park is not wasting any time.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:50 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:I rode the new Eurosat today and I wanted to share my experience. The new queueline and station is beautiful and much more spacious than before. The new trains are very comfortable and there seems to be a bit more room than before. The new track is much smoother than before and the new elements are great! The onboard soundtrack fits the ride perfectly and I love that they included a new version of the old one :)

Thanks for the first-hand report. Do you know where they squeezed the station for the Coastality VR version of the ride? I understand it has two stations now?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:59 pm

...because of the huge backlash they have gotten for the theming, the project team have been personally abused on social media!

Well, that sounds encouraging for them. Idiot gp. :roll:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:01 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:
Norwegian coasterfan wrote:I rode the new Eurosat today and I wanted to share my experience. The new queueline and station is beautiful and much more spacious than before. The new trains are very comfortable and there seems to be a bit more room than before. The new track is much smoother than before and the new elements are great! The onboard soundtrack fits the ride perfectly and I love that they included a new version of the old one :)

Thanks for the first-hand report. Do you know where they squeezed the station for the Coastality VR version of the ride? I understand it has two stations now?

Yeah it’s at the back of the building next to Silver Star’s entrance ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:05 am

Europa Park plans to build 6km cable car from the park to... FRANCE

Europa Park has held a press conference to give details about 'Project S', a new cable car system that they are planning. If built, it will travel over the river Rhine, crossing the France-Germany border to either Rhinau or Diebolsheim in Alsace. The journey by cable car will be approximately 15 minutes. Currently over a million visitors to Europa Park are French, and 1500 employees commute from France every day.

On the French side it is planned that there will be a holiday village similar in style to Centre Parcs with accommodation in wooden cabins and car parking.

French president Emmanuel Macron has given his support for the project which has a timescale of around five years assuming plans are approved. One large hurdle to overcome is that the preferred route will cross Taubergießen, a large nature reserve near the River Rhine. Obviously a cable car is probably the least-destructive mass transit system that could be built, but there could still be objections.

More information:
SWR News: Cable car to cross the Rhine and the border (in German)
EP Fans: Press conference live stream (in German)
1541591693.jpg
Project S. Image: EP Fans
1541591700.jpg
Press Conference. Image: EP Fans
DrUrkdtX0AAy2mO.jpg
Preferred route (bottom), alternative route (top). Image: SWR News
Sechs-Maenner-in-einem-prunkvollen-Zimmer,1541581842438,bild-mack-und-macron-europapark-seilbahn-100__v-16x9-M_-9b77a8b857ec60d020a53cd4b3c103319acf5283.jpg
Michael and Roland Mack (2nd and 3rd left) with Emmanuel Macron (French President, 4th from the left) with various French representatives. Image: SWR News
ep1.png
There hasn't been an official press release, but the park's press office announced the cable car and the press conference on Twitter: "A dream was born: A Franco-German project will hopefully bring both countries closer by a cable car. The investment in France will create new jobs."
ep2.png
Emmanuel Macron, the French President, has given his backing to the project on Twitter: "Europa-Park has chosen to invest in France. It's the consecration of a true Franco-German project that will create thousands of jobs"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 am

This is the greatest idea in the history of theme parks.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 am

That is a really neat idea! Love it!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!