Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 138: Disney Springs Reopening Date Set!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Sat May 16, 2020 10:30 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/welcome-back-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-phased-reopening-of-disney-springs-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Wednesday, May 20, will be a great first step in the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, as Disney Springs begins its initial reopening that morning. With the safety and well-being of our guests, cast members and third-party operating participants at the forefront of our planning, we are eager to begin welcoming you back to this part of Walt Disney World. While our theme parks and resort hotels remain temporarily closed, the phased reopening of Disney Springs is a welcome milestone as we navigate through this unprecedented time together as responsibly as we can.

Next week, many of our third-party operating participants will open their doors to Disney Springs guests. On May 27, three Disney-owned and -operated stores and venues will reopen: World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order) and the Marketplace Co-Op. You can visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most current information on which locations are open.

More information on Disney Springs' reopening is available on the Disney Parks blog, but here are the main takeaways:

• Parking / capacity for the Orange and Lime garages only, no surface parking; Entrances restricted to the two garages, the Hotel Plaza Blvd pedestrian bridge, and the rideshare drop-off
  • Masks and / or face coverings required for anyone over 3 years old
  • Temperature screenings upon entry - if you're pegged at 100.4 deg F or warmer you're directed to a different area and checked again, if your temperature is confirmed to be over the limit, your entire party will be denied entry
  • Distancing and separation measures including physical barriers in some places
  • Increased cleanliness procedures
  • Cashless transactions recommended but not required
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Thu May 21, 2020 6:11 am

From Disney's own site:

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.

By visiting Walt Disney World, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19

Source

And yet people will still go running to be 'first'.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Haymaker » Thu May 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Garet wrote:From Disney's own site:

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.

By visiting Walt Disney World, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19

Source

And yet people will still go running to be 'first'.

That disclaimer should really apply anywhere. Its no ones fault that someone gets COVID, illness is going to happen in life.

That said, from reports I saw it wasnt busy at all.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 21, 2020 1:23 pm

We went to STK at Disney Springs today and it was great! Property wasn't very crowded and Disney was doing a great job with temperature checks, enforcing wearing a mask/face covering, and keeping people socially distant. Can't wait to keep visiting and supporting them!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 pm

^Glad to hear things are going well so far! With Universal’s intention to open in a little over a week, I can’t imagine Disney will be too far behind.

Hoping to make it to Orlando shortly after everything gets going again! I wonder if cast members will be blacked out for a while...?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 21, 2020 9:39 pm

^There are so many unknowns like that. How will they do Cast Members, AP's, day guests, resort guests, all parks, all resorts, water parks!?!!? It's a lot. We'll keep you all updated.

Remember the poor cast members still haven't been allowed to Studios since November!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:24 am

I know this is the non-parks thread but since this seems to be where the discussion is right now I'd love to see Disney offer a ton of expanded after hours events similar to the Halloween party and After hours events when they re-open even if it's just until the allowed capacity gets back to normal. Jack up the ticket prices, I don't care, I'd be more than willing to pay $200 a day to get into the Studios for 4-5 hours with a limited crowd knowing I can see Galaxy's Edge, Runaway Railway and get a couple rides on Tower and Rockin Roller Coaster. Same goes for Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and the water parks really. $120 to have Blizzard Beach to myself for a few hours? Done. Very interested to see what Disney's plan is once they announce it, as I'm sure everyone else is.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 am

SharkTums wrote:We went to STK at Disney Springs today and it was great! Property wasn't very crowded and Disney was doing a great job with temperature checks, enforcing wearing a mask/face covering, and keeping people socially distant. Can't wait to keep visiting and supporting them!

So glad to hear this!

I didn't expect Disney to disappoint (I knew they wouldn't), but wasn't sure if people would be 100% respectful of the rules set into place.

Luckily most of the idiots didn't want to go if they had to socially distance or wear masks, so at least there's that. I'll give you guys kudos for weeding them out on your Facebook page too! ;)

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!