Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 136: Jaleo's Truffle Festival & special dinner details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Can truffles be found, in the U.S.A? Or North America, for that matter? Just curious about it.

And I could just look it up, but I much prefer the more interesting answers from TPR members. =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Can truffles be found, in the U.S.A? Or North America, for that matter? Just curious about it.

And I could just look it up, but I much prefer the more interesting answers from TPR members. =)

You got me curious, too! There are quite a few states surprisingly......including Tennessee, Ca, N.C., Oregon... & B.C! I came across a very interesting article in a past Wall Street Journal issue: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-elusive-american-black-truffle-1518264060. For a little adventure, you can even join a truffle hunt in some areas! The Truffle Dog Company sponsors guided truffle hunting experiences in truffle season. They take you to an actual truffle patch where guides and their dogs will show you how it's done! =) (Unfortunately no truffles in NYC, so my dog will just have to enjoy sharing my store-bought truffle cheese with me. No hunting classes, dang! :lol: )

Alice

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:43 pm

^ omg.... in BC...? :shockr: Now I must look that up, LOL!

And.... I just did!

Truffles are cultivated on three farms across B.C., where Mediterranean truffles (including Perigord) are grown by cultivating them at the roots of orchard trees, typically hazelnuts trees. While the Italian pure breed dog Lagotto Romagnolo is the most famous for hunting truffles, Berch said any breed has potential. Feb 26, 2019

Apparently grown in the southern part of the province, and on Vancouver Island! I did not know that.
the_more_you_know.gif
(Pardon this truffle sidebar.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!