Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:26 am
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:02 pm
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:14 pm
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:45 pm
We are happy to share that Jaleo's famous Truffle Festival is headed to Disney Springs, starting TODAY January 30th! Join Jaleo as we celebrate the exquisite Spanish black truffle with special dishes and sommelier-selected wine pairings, available for a limited time at Jaleo at Disney Springs. Flown straight from the Spanish city of Teruel the day they’re discovered by truffle-hunting dogs, these black truffles are as fresh as it gets. Make your reservation today to explore our unique collections of delicious, decadent dishes.
Jaleo Disney Springs Truffle Festival Menu:
- “Cristal Bread” acorn pork pancetta, black truffle - Pan de cristal, panceta Ibérica curada, Trufa negra
- Setas Salteadas, cremoso de patata, Huevo , trufa negra - Sauteed muhrooms , potato puree, slow cooked with black truffle
- Arroz de Pato Jean Louis Palladin con Trufa Negra - Duck rice in Honor of “Jean Louis Palladin” Black truffles
- Tarta de queso con trufa - Vasc cheesecake with truffles
We are thrilled to share that Jaleo at Disney Springs is hosting a special one-night-only event. On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 6:30 PM, guests can experience interactive class on truffles followed by an exclusive multi-course dinner with Spanish truffles shaved tableside by Jaleo chefs and Spanish wine pairings.
Each winter, Nacho Ramirez and his specially trained truffle-hunting dog Pepe search the Spanish countryside in pursuit of the best black truffles – about six months old, mouthwateringly fragrant, buried in the rich soil. Nacho will be flying these truffles to Jaleo at Disney Springs the day they're discovered, where they will be the star ingredient in nine dishes created by Jaleo Culinary Director Ramon Martinez and Head Chef Rodolfo Guzman. Expertly paired wines have been hand-selected by Jaleo Sommelier Rafael Delgado and ThinkFoodGroup Sommelier Jordi Paronella to accent the flavors and textures of each dish.
This event is one-night-only and we are currently not hosting media for this event.
To purchase tickets to this exclusive one-night-only event, visit:
- Tartaleta de colifor con trufas, Coca de cristal con panceta iberica y truffles Croqueta partida con trufa
Paired with cuvee jose raventos i blanc
- Tartar de Carabineros con trufa - Southern Spain cardenal prawns tartar with truffles
Paired with manzanilla pasada pastrana
- Tortilla 2.0 con trufas - Spanish potato omelette NEW WAY with truffles
Paired with maximin grünhäus, riesling abtsberg spätlese
- Canelón de setas silvestres con trufas - Wild mushroom canelón with porccini and truffles
Paired with as sortes 2016 bodegas palacios
- Arroz de carrillera iberica de bellota , con alcachofas , y trufas - Iberico de bellota paella with artichokes morels and truffles
Paired with valbuena vega sicilia 2014
- Pan con chocolate, aceite y trufas
Paired with lustau east india solera
- Helado de leche de cabra con trufas
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:40 pm
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 am
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:50 am
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:11 am
Chiselphane wrote:Whoever the first person to see one of those and say "You know what, I'm going to put that in my mouth" is a braver person than I'll ever be
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:30 pm
Nrthwnd wrote:^ So that's what truffles actually look like! I've seen them as shavings on food
like that first photo. But never as they looked when first dug up. Cool. And ugly looking.