Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:24 am

boldikus wrote:
Jason Maier wrote:And if Batwing does get chopped up, does a Raptor or T Rex go in it's place?

A park halfway across the country owned by a completely different company removes a coaster so this means you guys are getting a RMCraptor?

Welcome to the logic of a SFA Fanboy.
Bigger is not always better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Yep, them pics are the usual crazy crowds for Fright Fest at this park. I like seeing the park actually have a crowd outside of the water park.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Highridin wrote:
boldikus wrote:
Highridin wrote:Packed in here

Pics or it didn't happen.

I took these that day, but didn't post. My bad, I guess..lol. Yes, I took that photo of Pirate's Flight. Never have I seen it with a wait.... in the last 6 years.

I'll give you busy... or crowded even... but packed?

reachin.gif

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Highridin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 am

Jason Maier wrote:
Highridin wrote:Haven't ran the train for Fright Fest in years.

In fact, the train hasn't really run much this year at all.

As for the Haunted Attractions, I really prefer the older route they did for Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor (where it would enter/exit by the Batman Arena; and give a better view of the ruins of the house)

That train has run everytime that I've been there, at least.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Postby Highridin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:32 am

boldikus wrote:
Highridin wrote:
boldikus wrote:
Highridin wrote:Packed in here

Pics or it didn't happen.

I took these that day, but didn't post. My bad, I guess..lol. Yes, I took that photo of Pirate's Flight. Never have I seen it with a wait.... in the last 6 years.

I'll give you busy... or crowded even... but packed?

reachin.gif

I consider packed having to turn sideways to continually get around folks. I do see your point though. It's just the way that I talk. It was very crowded. Guarantee the same will be for this weekend. It's going to be very nice out.

Postby Highridin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Total Damnation was actually pretty good. Of course, the haunting of Eleanor was great.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Highridin wrote:Total Damnation was actually pretty good. Of course, the haunting of Eleanor was great.

Eleanor is my favorite haunt as well. If you look carefully enough; you can see the ruins of the manor.

Postby Highridin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Yup, I saw it.

It was pretty smart to have the differing paths in Total Damnation

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JG-77 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Wait there're good haunts at SFA? I was under the impression that being a low tier SF park the fright fest haunts were all supposed to be crap. Is Eleanor worth paying for?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Rayj » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:10 pm

I went this Sunday and it was packed because it was the last bring a friend for free day. I stayed for about 6 hours and only did superman, jinx, roar, and 2 mazes. I haven’t seen the park this crowded in almost 6+ years.

Rides: operations were pretty good. The best I’ve seen in a while. Every coaster had about a 30-45 min wait with two trains. Also, batwing, minderaser, and of course, apocalypse were closed. IMO, roar definitely has gotten rougher, but it is still bearable.

Awakening: it was so much better when it was at the smaller celebration stage. Now that it’s in Gotham arena, it does not have the same effect and sometimes it’s hard to hear. Also, they’re always having mic problems. The show it’s self was better years ago with Eleanor being featured. This show this year just seems like it was last minute and thrown together. On a more positive note, Gotham arena was jam packed, never seen it so crowded before.

Mazes: I only got a chance to do two, but I did most of them two weeks ago.

Aftermath: 5/10. Decent scares and a slight improvement from last year, but still one of the worst in the park. Also very short.

Total damnation: 7/10. A couple good scares. Has potential, only if it were longer with a few more actors.

Twisted fairytales: 4/10. I think it’s time to change the “theme” to this maze and come up with a new concept. I went on this maze two weeks ago when it was barely anyone in the park, so maybe they were understaffed, but it was literally 4 actors in there and I did not startle once. Everything was predictable and they didn’t change anything.

The crypt: 4/10. Basically the same thing as spider outbreak from last year. Same layout and everything, just take away spiders and that’s what you get. I also went on this when the park was empty so I had the same issue as twisted fairytales, barely any actors. My favorite part was inflatable walls. Not scary.

Voodoo curse: 8/10. I always looked forward to this one. They somehow pull off decent scares with the limited amount of space they have with the maze being built on the midway. Years ago this had more of a Mardi Gras theme, but this year it was kinda random.

Haunting of Hall Manor: N/A. I have not done this one yet due to limited time. However, I’ve done it every year before and it remember it regressing. My issue last year was that the layout was weird and they made the groups way too big and at some point, you would catch up to another group. It would be 20+ people all together and no one getting scared. Hopefully they made some changes and improved this year.

Overall, I don’t understand why they increased the price of the Haunted house passes so much compared to last year. For season pass holders, it’s $18 and for non it is $23. If I didn’t have a season pass, I wouldn’t have bought it. If you do not do all 6 mazes in one night, it is a waste of money. $18 feels like a rip off for the quality that they are producing. The theming is terrible, the costumes look like they came from party city, and the acting is mediocre. The scare zones are also a joke this year. Everything just seems out of place, cheap, and no effort put into it. Maybe I’m just getting older, but almost none of the actors on the streets were scary. I can really tell their costume budget was low. If the park is gonna have 6 mazes open for only 3 hours on a crowded day, the park should stay open at least until 11pm in Sundays and 12 on Saturdays.

Side note: has one been to kings dominon’s hallloween haunt and can they compare? I’m thinking about checking it out but I want to know if it’s worth it or not. I also heard you don’t have to pay for their mazes. Can anyone confirm this?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!