Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby StarWars » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:37 pm

So, I just went to Six Flags America's website and this thing appeared saying something big is being announced September 3rd (Thursday). I wonder what it could be.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:00 pm

ariznglori wrote:If Cedar Fair bought it, Roar and Wild One would be scrapped, MiA would Get Ride of Steel (finally a hyper!), Batwing would go to Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair would Get Jokers Jinx (full circuit launcher!) and Mind Eraser (to finally silence the invert demands) aaand Dorney would get Apocalypse (kidding, this would go to Worlds of Fun as a floorless conversion).

No retheme to worry about ;)

Wild One wouldn't be scrapped. Historians would have a field day. I have a feeling that Six Flags will not sell the park. Doubt Cedar Fair would buy.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ariznglori » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

ImNotOneOfYou wrote:
ariznglori wrote:Why can't Dorney get something?

Dorney can take Wild One then, which should satisfy historians and the need for another wooden coaster--and Ragin Cajun too, why not ;)

There's no chance Six Flags would sell, but if they did and Cedar Fair bought it, then this park would be Geauga Lake 2 to strengthen the market for Kings Dominion.
Don't trust people who don't ride rollercoasters. Jk.

Postby StarWars » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:52 pm

I have a feeling the new attraction will be something for Hurrcane Harbor for two reasons:

A: They removed the old water play structure (the thing with the tipping bucket)

B: They put this banner up near where the play structure was (image from Screamscape):

I'm not as in tune to what major types of water park attractions are out there, but what could it be? What are there "in right now" water attractions that SFA could realistically get? The play structure's area is too small for one of those water coasters. Maybe some of the older slides (from the Wild World days) will be removed as well to make room?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:23 pm

A bowl-slide hybrid
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm

If Cedar Fair bought it... Thunderhawk...

Postby StarWars » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Highridin wrote:A bowl-slide hybrid

Don't they have one? https://www.sixflags.com/america/attractions/tornado

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:45 pm

RollerManic wrote:If Cedar Fair bought it... Thunderhawk...

And if CNL bought it... Nothing. No seriously, the park would be lucky to get a fountain. :lol:

Hopefully SF puts something halfway decent in. Not a small splash pad like Great Escape got last year. Poor Great Escape...
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:25 pm

ariznglori wrote:
ImNotOneOfYou wrote:
ariznglori wrote:Why can't Dorney get something?

Dorney can take Wild One then, which should satisfy historians and the need for another wooden coaster--and Ragin Cajun too, why not ;)

There's no chance Six Flags would sell, but if they did and Cedar Fair bought it, then this park would be Geauga Lake 2 to strengthen the market for Kings Dominion.

I agree, but I don't think as many people would be as upset as the Geauga Lake situation. GL was a great loss. SFA is just meh to most folk.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:01 am

If its water park related for 2016 I'd LOVE to see Proslide be the company behind it. They make some awesome slides.

Someone said they are not in tune with water park rides. Check out Proslides website. I wish we could get some of that technology. I WOULD love to see something like Wildebeast that Holiday World has - that ride is AMAZING!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!