Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 840 - SFA Reopening July 3!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 45 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 am

FlyGuy wrote:
coasterkid124 wrote:
Oryp wrote:While we're talking new trains, how about some for Superman and Mind Eraser? Both of those could be far better with newer trains/restraint systems.

Has your guys' Superman been running a little rough this year as well? At Darien Lake, I think that this year the ride has felt a little bumpier and rattily; although I usually ride in the back. Seeing that these were the first Intamin hypercoasters built, the trains could either use major refurb, or new ones altogether.

If anything, I would like to see the trains go away with the current restraints, as my legs always bash against the side brackets.

Ive ridden Superman twice this season and it was honestly pretty good. Although this was my first time riding it since 2013. However I feel like superman is starting to creep up the lifthill very slow now.

In 2011, we had a chain issue that put the ride down for the last leg of the season. This was the same year that the rider was ejected. So we were out of our star attraction for basically the whole year.

The part that failed was custom and took a long time to manufacture, so its possible that SFA is trying to put as little stress as possible on their chain until they can get a backup or replace it altogether in the offseason.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:50 pm

I'll be here tomorrow. How will the crowds be for a friday?
Yankee Cannonball <3

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Rayj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Hopefully along with the waterpark expansion, sfa decides to put in a new flat ride or some retheming or improvements to the sections in the park. I would even like to see Joker's Jinx backwards (if thats possible).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:55 pm

^ I agree, but I'm sure the water park expansion is all there will be. SF could surprise us, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:20 am

Other than some better theming in Gotham City, they do not need to do anywhere else. I'll take the flat. I bet there will be new trains on something though.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:59 am

its been confirmed that Superman will be getting new trains next year along with Bizarro at SFNE

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:00 am

thesman wrote:its been confirmed that Superman will be getting new trains next year along with Bizarro at SFNE

Source? You know how this site works--no pics, no confirmation ;)
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:47 am

Give Darien Lake your old trains so we can actually operate more than one at a time on RoS! ;)
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FlyGuy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 am

Jokers Jinx need's a point job. They were so clever with Mind Erasers colors.. Has it been touched up since the original color change ?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Hero » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:57 pm

thesman wrote:its been confirmed that Superman will be getting new trains next year along with Bizarro at SFNE

I know that the SFNE version will get new trains (the question is when?) but I haven't heard anything about the S:ROS version getting new trains.
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!