Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 pm

qwimjim wrote:has that happened before?

The joke is that broken / worn-out cables on Intamin rides knock them out for the season. I know it's actually happened to Top Thrill Dragster and Xcelerator several times.

I don't remember who said it or where I read it, but someone mentioned a rumor (?) that Skyrush may be closed due to the new construction happening right next to it, and that its sudden Sunday closure was merely a coincidence.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 12:28 am

Skyrush being closed is certainly disappointing news. I'm making my first visit to Hersheypark since 1984 next week and was hoping to ride it. I think the only coasters back then were The Comet, Superdooperlooper, Trailblazer, and maybe a portable Wild Mouse type coaster.

At least this new Reese's Cupfusion is supposed to open this weekend

Are the Wildcat and Lightning Racer rough woodies? If so, my wife probably won't ride them. Thanks.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 4:24 am

^Lightning Racer is not, that’s a fantastic ride. Wildcat is a little wilder.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 5:07 am

We have reached the 1000th page of the HP thread!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am

LBIJim wrote:Are the Wildcat and Lightning Racer rough woodies? If so, my wife probably won't ride them. Thanks.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and i REFUSED to ride it when last there. . I sat on bench while my masochist group I was with rode), re: Wildcat

like a car with square wheels going down a road full of potholes.



no thank you.

(Lightning Racer on the other hand? wonderful)
Attachments
IMG_5180.JPG
IMG_5181.JPG

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

A.J. wrote:
qwimjim wrote:has that happened before?

The joke is that broken / worn-out cables on Intamin rides knock them out for the season. I know it's actually happened to Top Thrill Dragster and Xcelerator several times.

I don't remember who said it or where I read it, but someone mentioned a rumor (?) that Skyrush may be closed due to the new construction happening right next to it, and that its sudden Sunday closure was merely a coincidence.


I think that was me, just a questions I asked in the FB Group, since there wasn't any signage or info about the closure and new footers looked to be so close to SkyRush. A local guest to the park cleared up that it is a part that the park is waiting for.

In any case, there's still a lot to do at the park. You can easily spend all day on Great Bear, Storm Runner and Fehrenheit. Wildcat is a li'l rough and Lightning Racer has become noticeably rougher, but definitely not to the same extent as Wildcat. Comet and Super Duper Looper are always a blast. The log flume drop has this little, not sure how to describe it, "launch" bump at the bottom that's super fun. I think we popped a wheelie lol

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm

bert425 wrote:
LBIJim wrote:Are the Wildcat and Lightning Racer rough woodies? If so, my wife probably won't ride them. Thanks.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and i REFUSED to ride it when last there. . I sat on bench while my masochist group I was with rode), re: Wildcat

like a car with square wheels going down a road full of potholes.



no thank you.

(Lightning Racer on the other hand? wonderful)


Idk, ever since they started using the millennium flyer trains Wildcat is NOWHERE near as bad as it used to be.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Wildcat isn't bad for me, but I know I have a higher than average tolerance, like I can ride Boss multiple times and I thought Mean Streak was just fine. If you're sensitive, probably stay away. Comet is much better and Lightning Racer is just amazing. Definitely ride those two.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 8:42 pm

I enjoyed my ride on Wildcat in 2016 (for the most part) but would not recommend to most people.

As mentioned before, LR is great though, and Comet is a fun, historical treasure (1946!).

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wed May 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Comet is smoother than both the GCIs if you ask me. That's honestly my favorite woodie at the park.

Lightning Racer is quite smooth and I find Wildcat bumpy, but comfortable thanks to the cushioned seats.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS