Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:21 pm

The temporary entrance is quite the change. On one hand, not having all the quaint shops is a bummer (they have some trailers along the path). On the bright side, the new entrance renderings look great and the temporary one allows for some awesome views of the backside of Skyrush.

It also seemed like the path under Skyrush was blocked off.

Edit- I also just learned from the Comet's ride op that Sooperdooperlooper was moved from its original location. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Any pictures of the Front Gate construction?
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:09 pm

I have a few photos from opening day. You can see a pretty big clearing near the tram circle and cranes in place.

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG
Temporary shops

The rerouted temporary entrance has you walk in by Skyrush's far turn. This gives some awesome new photo opportunities.

IMG_4583.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG
2019 entrance
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:44 am

Wow, it already looks so different from what we're used to. Can't wait to see the finished product next year!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 am

The temporary entrance with all the trailers feels very out-of-place for Hershey considering how nice the rest of the park works. But it's well worth it considering what's coming next year.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Greeting all riders and amusement park flyers - I have return to these pages after a long absent. Before I continue, there's someone else who wants to say "Hello" to you -

:pillow: "Hello everybody . . . now I'm going back to sleep!"

I brought a group with me to Hersheypark last Saturday and I was so overjoyed by the fact that I was able to ride SKYRUSH,LAFF TRAX and THE CLAW!!! While the rest of the group and I had a great day in the park despite the huge crowd, there were several rides that were no-shows (such as Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and Coal Cracker). I do have a Season Pass, so I'll be coming back in May to ride what I miss, plus do a marathon on THE CLAW to make up for all those years past when I visited the park and had to skip that ride because I couldn't fit into the restraints.

:b "When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!" :br
Last edited by palmerleeberry on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Anyone else notice the 2019 map (and possible other before it, I didn't check) makes it look like storm runner has like 10 inversions :lol:

http://www.hersheypark.com/assets/pdf/info/park-map/sitp-map.pdf
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Is that a high rise residential building to the right of Skyrush? If it is they have a great view of the park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:05 pm

tanthonyam wrote:Is that a high rise residential building to the right of Skyrush? If it is they have a great view of the park.

My GPS took me a different way to Hersheypark on this visit. This time I drove through the center of Hershey, PA. I noticed a parking garage that appeared to have an amazing view of Skyrush's front drop head on. I thought about stopping, but I was too excited to ride.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Hershey_flags » Thu May 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Reese’s Cupfusion opens to the public May 25th and there is a passholder event on the 24th (only a select amount of people get chosen though).
D903AEFC-6C0A-4A14-B240-852629FD3D16.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!