Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 am

For anyone that buys it, I hope this year they run the merge points better. On many coasters there is still a lot of the line past the merge point and if the person controlling the line lets too many people in, there will still be a long wait. When I was at the park at the end of December, Wildcat had around a 20 minute wait for anyone with Fast Track because the ramp was half full (and 1 train was running). Storm Runner is another bad line, 1 train running and the line down the stairs to the merge point is another 20 - 25 minute wait in October. They should only let the line just get past the station so anyone using Fast Track has at most a 2 to 3 train wait.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 am

^ That's good to know for future reference. I've never visited Hershey on a day when it was absolutely necessary.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Hey y'all,

I'm planning an opening day visit this year on the 6th next month. What sort of crowds am I in for? Mostly looking to get on the three Intamins as the priorities and some other rides as some extras.

Thanks in advance

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Do they still do the assigned rows on some, if not all, rides for Fast Lane? To me, that's always been the biggest drawback, but I can't remember if that's been done away with recently.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:42 pm

They changed it within the past few years, now every coaster Fast Track line has a merge point before the station, some go right into the station like Fahrenheit, others still have more of a line past the merge point.

molemaster43 wrote:Hey y'all,

I'm planning an opening day visit this year on the 6th next month. What sort of crowds am I in for? Mostly looking to get on the three Intamins as the priorities and some other rides as some extras.

Thanks in advance

If the weather is nice, expect it to be crowded, up to an hour wait for the big coasters, possibly more if 1 train is running on anything. Springtime In The Park is usually crowded with the cheaper admission and no water park open to take some of the crowds.

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:15 pm

YoshiFan wrote:They changed it within the past few years, now every coaster Fast Track line has a merge point before the station, some go right into the station like Fahrenheit, others still have more of a line past the merge point.

molemaster43 wrote:Hey y'all,

Thanks in advance

If the weather is nice, expect it to be crowded, up to an hour wait for the big coasters, possibly more if 1 train is running on anything. Springtime In The Park is usually crowded with the cheaper admission and no water park open to take some of the crowds.

Yeah I figured as much. Planning on being at the entrance by 9:30 and then hitting up Storm Runner and Fahrenheit first and worrying about other things later. Last time I checked weather, there was morning rain turning into overcast, but since it's opening day, I anticipate it'll still bring in plenty.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:47 am

Fahrenheit is still a good place to start only because the queue doesn't move much faster than it did ten years ago.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:12 am

Does Hersheypark typically have all the coasters running on opening day?

Originally I was planning to go to Great Adventure for opening day but Hersheypark is only one more hour away at that point.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Postby YoshiFan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:39 am

They should be, I went to the park Sunday of opening weekend last year and all the coasters were running.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!