Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm

knowit wrote:Funny story about that Hershey kiss, Bert.....worked as a rides operator at HP for the 1996 and 1997 seasons in the North section. (Where the kissing tower stands). There was a small pavilion where that thing would pose for pics with you. As rides operator , we rotated out to do sweeping in our areas....and that thing sexually harassed me. Straight up grabbed my A$$. Never knew who it was inside....but that kiss liked me...ALOT

Not sexually harassed. . but whoever was in Milk Dud (and then Kit Kat) when we were there seemed to have a fondness for me (to the point that it was joked that I should give them my room key).

If you're following along on my "bert joins TPR for the USA tour" thread.. . due to an injury I was benched for a bit in the evening, and the characters came to me to pose for pics. so whoever was in that costume, liked what they saw. . LOL.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby knowit » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Just remember, milk chocolate melts in your mouth, and in your hand. Pretty much everywhere actually. Take wipes if you invite them back. Lol

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:16 pm

freejaffa wrote:
knowit wrote:I understand and totally respect all the comments on the differences , pros and cons of adding another potentially similar ride to Skyrush to the new area at Hersheypark. But what if they’re actually going with a groundbreaking hybrid coaster ? With the tech available today, it wouldn’t be anything for RMC or even GCI to create a wooden hybrid hyper of some type.

I would love that but the B&M on the permits makes me doubt the possibility. I really don’t love B&M but even my thick head has accepted it’s going to be a B&M hyper. FYI I am still really pro Wildcat RMC.

And this is why human’s should be banned from giving eye witness testimony.

I was certain that B&M was accidentally listed as contracter or designer in an faa or town/county planning filling. After looking for the documents, none had any area related to contracter or designer section. I think I accidentally picked it up fro a YouTube video.
My apologies.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby knowit » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:19 pm

It’s all good Holmes. We’ve all been there. Before Fahrenheit was announced, I was for sure it was a B&M Hyper. I had an “insiders” view. They shafted me. Oh well. ;)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby SLCHeadache » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 pm

freejaffa wrote:
freejaffa wrote:
knowit wrote:I understand and totally respect all the comments on the differences , pros and cons of adding another potentially similar ride to Skyrush to the new area at Hersheypark. But what if they’re actually going with a groundbreaking hybrid coaster ? With the tech available today, it wouldn’t be anything for RMC or even GCI to create a wooden hybrid hyper of some type.

I would love that but the B&M on the permits makes me doubt the possibility. I really don’t love B&M but even my thick head has accepted it’s going to be a B&M hyper. FYI I am still really pro Wildcat RMC.

And this is why human’s should be banned from giving eye witness testimony.

I was certain that B&M was accidentally listed as contracter or designer in an faa or town/county planning filling. After looking for the documents, none had any area related to contracter or designer section. I think I accidentally picked it up fro a YouTube video.
My apologies.

Wasn't it the Kings Island 2020 planning thing that had B&M listed?
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:29 am

bert425 wrote:how can anyone even focus on a new coaster. . when THIS is roaming about the park frightening the children?

Frightening? The kids practically attacked it (and all the other anthropomorphic candy) with hugs and high fives the entire time we were there this past weekend.

Don't really have much of a report to write up -- we got in Friday afternoon, and since the park itself was closed we took the opportunity to explore ZooAmerica. It's relatively tiny but still pretty entertaining. Afterwards we headed to the Tanger Outlets to pick up some much-needed outfits for the kids and the new school year. We ended up eating dinner at The Forebay in Hershey Lodge. OMG... the mango BBQ shrimp dish they currently have on the menu is DELICIOUS! Can't recommend it enough (nor their chocolate martinis... yum!).

On Saturday we got there early for Sweet Start, did a bunch of stuff in the Hollow and Kissing Tower Hill, then ate lunch at the Overlook food court around 11:30. As soon as we left that building we discovered that the place had gotten jam-packed and lines for just about everything were starting to get unruly. We didn't do too terribly much in the afternoon aside from play arcade & midway games and ride kiddie rides for the three-year-old (including Trailblazer, she loves that darn mine train). The kiddo refuses to ride Wildcat ever again until it gets the RMC treatment, and honestly, I don't blame him. We made our way all the way back towards Lightning Racer for our last coaster of the day. Thanks to its location the line was much shorter than just about everything else in the park. We hopped on the Lightning side, had a bad start, but came from behind and won the duel!

We ended up leaving around 5:00 PM to grab some dinner and head back to the hotel for evening swimming. Overall it wasn't as successful as I had hoped it would be, the beautiful weather really ended up cramming the park, but everyone left happy and honestly, what more can you ask for? Side note, we were planning to hit up Dutch Wonderland on Sunday, but some real-life engagements got in the way of those plans, and so we still have yet to get out there. Probably won't be until next year at this point.
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:46 am

You know it's crowded when sooperdooperlooper is showing a 90 minute wait time on the app. I guess a September Saturday is worse for ride lines that a July or August Saturday when the water park open to take away some of the crowds.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 am

I’m more impressed by the 45 minute wait for Lightning Racer :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:08 am

^ If Lightning Racer is 45 minutes and Sooperdooperlooper is 90 minutes, I'm scared to know what Laff Trakk is. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Studios Hollywood & Six Flags Magic Mountain

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:41 pm

knowit wrote:It’s all good Holmes. We’ve all been there. Before Fahrenheit was announced, I was for sure it was a B&M Hyper. I had an “insiders” view. They shafted me. Oh well. ;)

Was it the Hershey's Kiss that shafted you also?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!