Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby DarienPoint » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:26 am

I'd say most parks this year have opened with some rides not opening for the season, whether it's because they're still working on them or can't socially distance groups on the ride. I assume that SDL + Storm Runner have maintenance that still need to be done on them, or they're waiting on parts.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 125 || Parks: 19
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Candymonium | 8. Phoenix | 9. Nitro | 10. Behemoth

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:30 pm

Well, just bought my tickets for Tuesday the 18th, with a Fast Track Unlimited just in case (I plan on hitting the waterpark so minimizing lines for coasters will help). The last time I was here was 2017, and I recall lines being brutal, though that was a Saturday and in non-COVID times. As for the Waterpark, I know that the water coaster is closed, but the lazy river, wave pool, tube and mat slides are all operating, correct?
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:41 pm

I'd assume so, you can check on the website here: https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/
Closed rides have "- Temporarily Closed" (like the water coaster) or even "- Closed for the season" (like Storm Runner) written after their name.

They should probably make the closed rides more obvious like with red text or something, but it is what it is.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby tndank » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:06 pm

I was there on Monday. Longest line I had was about a 30 min wait on Racer later in the day.

I literally had 10 rides in before noon and kept riding all coasters all day. Get there by 10. I had a few laps on Candy, one on Comet, and a couple on Skyrush before 11 when they open the rest of the park up.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:08 pm

^ The first hour is just hotel guests and season passholders, correct?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hersheypark & Six Flags Great Adventure

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dankeykang » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:53 am

^ Correct, plus resort guests can enter the park after 4 PM the day before their reservation, and general admission ticketholders can enter after 5 PM the day before.

https://www.hersheypark.com/tickets/free-extra-hours.php#hp-sweet-start

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby tndank » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:54 am

On Monday they let everyone in early. I had eBay tickets and walked in with everyone else at 10. Lots of others just had day tickets.

They dropped the rope at Chick Fil A at 11am

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:47 am

^ Interesting. One of the biggest benefits of the hotels seem to be the hour of early entry and letting everyone in sort of devalues that. But it sounds like it was a walk on so it probably didn't matter for Monday.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hersheypark & Six Flags Great Adventure

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:02 pm

JG-77 wrote:I'd assume so, you can check on the website here: https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/
Closed rides have "- Temporarily Closed" (like the water coaster) or even "- Closed for the season" (like Storm Runner) written after their name.

They should probably make the closed rides more obvious like with red text or something, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I'm aware of the park's website listing, and based on reports on here it hasn't always been accurate.

Also, another question that I can't seem to find the answer on their not-exactly-easy-to-navigate site: Masks in the waterpark? I assume that once you're changed into swimwear, you're okay to walk around the waterpark area without a mask, because where would you store it when you're partaking in waterpark attractions? Just trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

Thanks.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Visited the park a week and a half ago and had a great time. The new front entrance area looks amazing and I love the interaction with Candymonium. It is an excellent ride with some great air. I did find the second trim to hit a little too hard, but it is still awesome. Skyrush seems to get better and better each time I visit. I wasn't the biggest fan of it back in 2012, but my last few rides have been awesome. Rode Fahrenheit for the second time too, awesome layout and very smooth. For some reason iv'e only been on it twice in three visits. Lightning Racer was running great and is one of the best rides there. Don't do Wildcat in the back row, not fun at all. Hopefully RMC shows up some time.

Not sure what my favorite coaster is there now. My brother is in the Candymonium group for best ride, but it is a tough call for me. Skyrush is insane and intense with ejector air, but I find the wing seats to be painful and the restraints aren't amazing. Candy is way more re-rideable, has some great air, and is super fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!