Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:18 pm

dankeykang wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:Maybe someone can help me out here...

It looks like the cheapest way to get one-day admission for one person is the $75 "buy a day, get a day free" deal. Is this correct? If so, wow.

I couldn't find any better alternatives, so I went with the BOGO deal. Now I am sitting on the second ticket which expires at the end of September. Not sure if I'll end up using it or not.

Yup same boat.

IDK if anyone has inside info/better knowledge but I don't got hope for Storm Runner.
Sign said "temporarily closed for the season" which I wasn't sure how to interpret..... is it temporarily or FOR the rest of the season? Temp....for the season is deliciously vague lol But doesn't seem like a good sign?
Shame, it's a part of why I'd go, and if it wasn't for the fact I got a 2nd visit free and thus it'd be waste not too....I'd prob not go again.
Coaster Count: 178

Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Gold Striker

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tndank » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:55 pm

$26/ticket on ebay is another option. Or Facebook groups, etc.

Hershey has said Storm Runner will not operate this year. Website says "Closed for the Season." Don't think it's running til next Spring.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:40 pm

For some reason I like the old Hershey entrance and village than the new one. Just looks like a outdoor mall. No charm like the original.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm

So why is SDL closed?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:20 am

tanthonyam wrote:For some reason I like the old Hershey entrance and village than the new one. Just looks like a outdoor mall. No charm like the original.

I don't want to judge the new area until they complete all the landscaping. While it may not have the charm of the old entrance, I think it looks grand with the Kisses Fountain, Candymonium, and the giant new buildings.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:24 am

I really loved the way the old entrance looked but it really wasn't functional. I'll wait to judge this until I see it in person. I'm sure it's still a work in progress.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:29 am

The new entrance was one of those "had to be done" things. I'm sure over time the new entrance will fill out a bit.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby tndank » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Had a great visit here today. Still love the park.

Candymonium is great. I'd say I prefer it to Orion. Even with the trims this seems to be one of best B&M airtime machines around.

One thing that's sort of odd about it....just seems so separated from the rest of park. It's out by gates, sort of all by itself.

I rode Skyrush a ton today. Love that guy. Love the wooden coasters too.

We even did Cupfusion because the line was only 15 min or so. Maybe the best shooter I've been on but not really my thing. The air conditioning was the best part.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:10 am

tndank wrote:...Hershey has said Storm Runner will not operate this year. Website says "Closed for the Season." Don't think it's running til next Spring.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still closed in the spring. Isn’t it closed until they finish up the investigation into the lawsuit from the guy who was claiming his sons harness never closed/locked.... Which forced his son into “leaping from a moving coaster?”

And who knows how long that pointless lawsuit is going to be tied up in court.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby tndank » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 am

I doubt that lawsuit has anything to do with it's closure. But, I'm just guessing. It not as if the accident happened last year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!