Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby IanKgtr » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 pm

qpb2004 wrote:The Skyrush path is gone due to the construction of Candymonium. :?r

Say it ain't so!! I thought I saw a new way to get to it (through a building) on the Candymonium POV.

Did you happen to see if it's also blocked from the side that goes under Comet, by the Rush entrance? I have a really hard time believing they would just merc a path, let alone one of the best paths in the park, for no reason.
Millie I Skyrush I Toro I I305 I Fury I Maverick I Kumba I Volcano I Phantom I Phoenix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:09 am

Just curious, how are they handling seating on Skyrush this year? Are they skipping rows between parties or are they loading every row like Candymonium?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:34 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Just curious, how are they handling seating on Skyrush this year? Are they skipping rows between parties or are they loading every row like Candymonium?

When I was there the week after the 4th they were doing every row, one party per row, same for Great Bear. Most others were seating every other row like Comet, Lightning Racer etc. Cupfusion was doing one party per car as well.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:143
STEEL:114
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby qpb2004 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:31 am

IanKgtr wrote:
qpb2004 wrote:The Skyrush path is gone due to the construction of Candymonium. :?r

Say it ain't so!! I thought I saw a new way to get to it (through a building) on the Candymonium POV.

Did you happen to see if it's also blocked from the side that goes under Comet, by the Rush entrance? I have a really hard time believing they would just merc a path, let alone one of the best paths in the park, for no reason.

I didn't happen to see if it was blocked off by Comet, so it might still exist as a dead end. I just assumed it was gone because there is a fence blocking the old entrance near Candymonium.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 am

CNYCoasterguy11 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Just curious, how are they handling seating on Skyrush this year? Are they skipping rows between parties or are they loading every row like Candymonium?

When I was there the week after the 4th they were doing every row, one party per row, same for Great Bear. Most others were seating every other row like Comet, Lightning Racer etc. Cupfusion was doing one party per car as well.

Ok thanks!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Postby CenturyFlyer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:49 am

Just so you know, Hershey isn't assigning rows, so someone might sit down next to you on the B&Ms.
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:42 am

CenturyFlyer wrote:Just so you know, Hershey isn't assigning rows, so someone might sit down next to you on the B&Ms.

I had that happen a couple of times, but they generally kept a space between so it wasn't an issue, I don't really mind anyways
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:143
STEEL:114
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:19 am

Well, one upside to choosing a date, allows you to be flexible for life events and weather! Finally a free non rainy day tomm, so I shall be getting to my first park of the year!
Hate the name and color of the new ride but I ofc get it, looks solid. Any thoughts on it? Looks like it takes some hills w speed and maybe the helix is forceful? But I hold low expectations
Coaster Count: 178

Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Gold Striker

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dankeykang » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:45 am

^ I liked Candymonium! Not quite as good as Diamondback in my opinion (only other B&M hyper I've experienced), but still a very solid ride. The first camelback and speed hill deliver solid airtime, and the element coming out of the helix also provides some decent laterals. There are a couple trims that dampen things slightly but it's a good ride overall and a great complement to Skyrush. They were running 3 trains the day I visited and dispatches were very quick, so it's quite easy to marathon if you visit on a weekday.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:05 pm

OK soooo
I didn't know Storm Runner was closed (for the season?) and that's on me. I didn't follow my online advice of check before you go.
At one point Great Bear and Candymonium went down (neither long but still was a tough sledding) and the park seemed kinda crowded! Thankfully Skyrush wasn't. Got 3 in a row in an hour, and 5 total.

Now as for Candymonium:
Its solid. I didnt expect ejector or anything so it was fine, and there was some really solid air! Not the best floater even...that goes to Goliath at SFoG but tbh was prob one of the better B&M hypers. I felt more than Diamondack. I will say that 2nd trim sucks. The 1st I didn't really feel...and I tried to not think about but that 2nd really bites. Physically felt it, and heard it....that sound of your speed literally being drained out lol Shame because made that last hill and cool turny part bleh.

Up to that though, was solid. Solid air, solid force in the helix. Solid.
Prob my #3 in the park, maybe 4.....I really like Great Bear IDK gotta think about it.

Glad to hear Dankeykang! Sadly this wasn't the case today. It was running 3 trains but sloooooooooooooooow. The line really wasn't long ever but holy hell, ops were awful. And IDK the details so please anyone enlighten me but it really seemed to be nothing to do w Covid. All 3 times I waited for it, it was perpetual 3 train stacks and they waited quite a while, but I couldn't see why. I wanna say has to be covid but no idea. They just weren't moving fast.

Honestly, wasn't the best day BUT I broke my rule. Dont go during peak times esp July, and avoid weekends. I went on a July Sat soooo my fault it was so hot and packed. So no blame on the park that was on me. I got a 2nd day free....so I called it early and will go again in Aug or Sept when its cooler and hopefully less people (even if slow ops should be negated)
Last edited by JJLehto on Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:33 pm.
Coaster Count: 178

Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Gold Striker

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!