Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: CNYCoasterguy11, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:22 am

Just a few holes in that story. Where did his son jump out to, and even if he did, where did he go from there? Just walked out?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 am

I hate money grabbers. If something like that really happened I feel like we would of heard about it 2 years ago
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am

I've never operated any coaster before but I find it hard to believe a launch coaster built within the past twenty years has the ability to dispatch with a OTSR wide open. Also, (as always with these frivolous suits) why did he wait so long to file?

We need someone who has operated an accelerator coaster before. @jrice92 and @eltororyan to thread lmao

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 am

boldikus wrote:I've never operated any coaster before but I find it hard to believe a launch coaster built within the past twenty years has the ability to dispatch with a OTSR wide open.

Surprisingly, Intamin never used to have sensors on their restraints, even on rides where your life depends on it. I always found this surprising.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:12 am

For Kingda Ka, it’s impossible to dispatch the train with a single OSTR open. They all have to be in a verified position just like El Toro. From what I’ve seen with Storm Runner, it’s the same way so this incident doesn’t sound possible one bit.

You can actually dispatch Dragster with open lapbars but Dragster is a generation older than the newer Intamins with a verify if that makes sense.
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)
2019: uhhh ... YouTube

Credit Count: 500

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:16 am

El Toro_Ryan wrote:For Kingda Ka, it’s impossible to dispatch the train with a single OSTR open. They all have to be in a verified position just like El Toro. From what I’ve seen with Storm Runner, it’s the same way so this incident doesn’t sound possible one bit.

You can actually dispatch Dragster with open lapbars but Dragster is a generation older than the newer Intamins with a verify if that makes sense.

Completely makes sense, thanks for chiming in.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am

Hummm. . . I wonder if the Starbucks uses hershey's chocolate products being inside of hershey park?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Visited the park for day 1 of our camping trip and was pretty impressed given the situation of things. Originally we weren't visiting Hershey this year but our other plans got scrapped so this was a nice alternative. First off the Campground has been great like always and they are doing a great job with COVID precautions (pool cleanings, limited people in the store etc) and it's pretty vacant compared to last year, we are virtually alone on our side of the park it's awesome.

As for the park we did the sweet start which gave me a chance to check out Candymonium. I would say it's a solid ride for the park a good counter to Skyrush but I most definitely prefer Skyrush for the mere intensity. Honestly Candymonium is sort of average at best, it's got so decent floater air but the trims take away from could be more, I also thought the front was actually better which for me is rare.

Thea rest of the park was what you would expect with limited staff and COVID precautions. Many rides were closed or temporarily down including several coasters. However we have found plenty to enjoy with very short lines and small crowds. Also most visitors we're good about the mask policy and e even saw some workers making sure people used them. I know that had been an issue early on this season. All the rides are running great and we will be heading back this afternoon. I couldn't ask for more really given the status of everything in the world and I'm just happy to be riding coasters again.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:143
STEEL:114
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:41 pm

CenturyFlyer wrote:Hersheypark could lessen the shock of so many closed attractions if they listed them somewhere on their website like Knoebels does. Overall, I enjoyed this Hershey visit but was looking forward to Knoebels by the time we left.

I know this information doesn't do you a whole hell of a lot of good NOW, but for reference, their app does in fact show a comprehensive list of all the rides that are currently closed throughout the park. Under the main menu's "RIDES" subheading, if you click on "Closed Rides", it shows the full list of rides that are closed temporarily, closed for staffing, and closed for the season. For example, I'm taking a look at it right now from almost 200 miles away and it's showing the following rides as closed:

• Cocoa Cruiser
  • Ferris Wheel
  • Frog Hopper
  • Frontier Flyers
  • Hershey Triple Tower - Hershey's Kisses Tower
  • Hershey Triple Tower - Reese's Tower
  • Kissing Tower
  • Laff Trakk
  • Mini Scrambler
  • Mini-Himalaya
  • Monorail
  • Pony Parade
  • Red Baron
  • Sidewinder
  • Skyview
  • SooperDooperLooper
  • Storm Runner
  • Tea Cups
  • The Claw
  • Tidal Force
  • Tiny Tracks
  • Twin Turnpike - Speedway
  • Wave Swinger
  • Whip
  • Wild Mouse
  • Wildcat
With that being said, you're absolutely correct that that information is nowhere to be found on their website, and would probably be a good candidate to migrate over as well.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Asked for a response to the suit, park spokesman Garrett Gallia said, “We dispute the allegations presented in the complaint, but refrain from further comment due to pending litigation.”

This says it all. Instead of saying they're going to investigate the incident further, or some BS line about how safety is their number one priority, they flat out said they're going to fight this. That's actually a pretty bold and confident statement for an accusation like this. I like it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!