Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby JayB18 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:37 pm

southpuddle wrote:
JayB18 wrote:I get that too but 3 good GCI coasters and an original RMC is better than 2 and a RMC conversion.

So 4 coasters are better than 3? :lol: well, yeah. But sometimes you have to settle for something more realistic.

Candimonium looks very Mako-ish, which isn’t a bad thing... in fact, I think it might look better if only because it’s MCBR-less... one less chance to slow it down!

Yes I'll agree but I'll still say something more realistic and better is simply to have GCI redo the ride. I don't like losing wooden coasters to RMC. I enjoy them but I enjoy more traditional wooden coasters more haha. Either way looking forward to trying out Candymonium.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:12 pm

robbalvey wrote:Official front seat POV! Thoughts?

It looks good. Mako really opened my eyes to how good a B&M hyper can be. If this is even 80% as good as Mako it should be a fantastic ride
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 pm

I love how when you hit the brakes Skyrush is like hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Invertalon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 am

JayB18 wrote:I'd prefer GCI give it the Ghostrider treatment. I'd hate to lose Wildcat. It has a great layout and lots of potential it just needs some work.

This 10000%

Personally, I'd take a GCI over RMC anyday, but I know that is unpopular opinion. I'd much prefer Hershey just build a ground-up RMC to make those RMC fan boys happy.

Wildcat has always been a top wood coaster for me, I love the layout. Today, a full retrack with Ipe wood would be stellar. Not just patch repairs. They made improvement switching to the MF trains from the PTC's, but they should have done a full re-track then to fix all the damage caused by those PTC's over the years. Not just isolated sections of retracking.

Here's hoping RMC stays the hell away from Wildcat...
-Steve

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:40 am

This just goes to show the vast differences in opinion us enthusiasts have. I thought Wildcat was a prime RMC candidate since the day I rode it in 2016 - especially since there are literally 2 more GCIs (technically) in the same park that are better in every way.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:32 am

Count me in the "RMC the heck out of Wildcat" category of enthusiast, please.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am

They accidentally left a few trees within rifle range of the track. I guess Hershey isn't trying to be cool like all of the other corporate parks.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby JayB18 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:00 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:This just goes to show the vast differences in opinion us enthusiasts have. I thought Wildcat was a prime RMC candidate since the day I rode it in 2016 - especially since there are literally 2 more GCIs (technically) in the same park that are better in every way.

Maybe I'd be more open to RMC if they didn't tend to have slow dispatch times and they had more comfortable restraints. As of now I enjoy them but I tend to prefer more traditional wooden coasters and nonlooping steel Hyper/giga coasters.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Welcome to Chocolatetown and Candymonium!

Postby Sluggo77 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:54 pm

TPR was invited to check out the all new Hersheypark Chocolatetown region and it's featured new B&M hyper Candymonium which is being billed as the Tallest, Fastest, Looongest and Sweetest coaster in the park. First off the new entrance / exit at Hershey looks awesome and you can't miss Candymonium as it sits right there. Work is still continuing on the entire area including the Kisses Fountain, which will be an awesome photo op, but everything is looking great already.

Once you go through the gates you are staring right at the soon to be Kisses Fountain and Candymonium. A little look to the left and the relocated Carrousel is now featured here too. The rest of the area has a great feel including Hershey's first Starbucks! As this area continues to get closer to completion it's only going to get better.

Candymonium's area and station are done really well and feature a lot of Hershey theming. That goes right down to each one of the three trains being themed to a different Hershey brand including Hershey Kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Twizzlers color scheme's.

Ok so how was Candymonium? Let's just say it was a sweet 2 minutes and 26 seconds of candy-themed coaster fun. The first drop, especially in the back row had us out of our seats the entire way and the coaster keeps a great pace including lots of B&M floater air throughout. It's super smooth and also crazy quite which is great as it doesn't overpower the entrance when it comes around. After getting to ride it several times the only critique I'd give is to lay off the trims. It was fun regardless but the best was when the trims didn't engage.

Outside of that Hershey has done an outstanding job with this entire new area and awesome new coaster. A big thanks to the Hershey team for inviting TPR to come checkout their brand new Chocolatetown featuring Candymonium!

Here's TPR's Candymonium POV.

Some Pics From The Day.
Hershey 01.JPG
Welcome to Hersheypark and the Chocolatetown Region.

Hershey 02.JPG

Hershey 03.JPG

Hershey 04.JPG

Hershey 05.JPG
View of the Kisses Fountain and Candymonium after coming through the gate.

Hershey 06.JPG

Hershey 07.JPG

Hershey 08.JPG
To the left from there is the relocated Carrousel.

Hershey 09.JPG

Hershey 10.JPG

Hershey 11.JPG
Hershey's first Starbucks!

Hershey 12.JPG
Multiple cool areas to walk under the coaster.

Hershey 13.JPG

Hershey 14.JPG
Heading towards the station.

Hershey 15.JPG

Hershey 16.JPG

Hershey 17.JPG

Hershey 18.JPG
Before we go in lets checkout these sweet......

Hershey 19.JPG
Candymonium Stats!

Hershey 20.JPG
Lots of Hershey Brand Theming.

Hershey 21.JPG

Hershey 22.JPG

Hershey 23.JPG

Hershey 24.JPG
View away from the station. Hello Skyrush!

Hershey 25.JPG
Here's just some extra pics of the coaster.

Hershey 27.JPG

Hershey 28.JPG

Hershey 29.JPG

Hershey 30.JPG

Hershey 31.JPG

Hershey 32.JPG

Hershey 33.JPG

Hershey 34.JPG

Hershey 35.JPG

Hershey 36.JPG
Inside the new Hersheypark Flagship Store.

Hershey 37.JPG

Hershey 38.JPG

Hershey 39.JPG
Heading out from Chocolatetown.

Hershey 40.JPG
The brands said goodbye.

Hershey 41.JPG
Thanks for a great time Hershey!

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:00 pm

^ thank you for the Carousel pics!

it looks fantastic there!

(the new coaster is good too) :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!