Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Clarimeister » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:01 pm

southpuddle wrote:Eek. This is not the year to be making any first ever trips to parks.

That's my decision to make.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm

southpuddle wrote:Eek. This is not the year to be making any first ever trips to parks.

Agreed. Unless you can temper you expectations to realize that everything is going to suck.

Granted, I'm going to KI for 2 days and CP for 3 in a few weeks, but I fully expect everything not to be running, lines to be long, and food service to be a shitshow. I just need a dose of normalcy in my life, and if I can't go get drunk and play video games at my local Dave and Busters, coasters it is.
Last edited by Mike240SX on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:02 pm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tndank » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:00 pm

SDLooper is not running for now either. It should be back up at some point.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:38 pm

^ that's a shame, as I love that coaster.

what about Sidewinder and Trailblazer? (I mean, neither of those are must rides, but they are coasters there)

. . . wondering if those two are closed, if they just closed that Section over by StormRunner? Since the 3 coasters are all right next to each other.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:10 pm

bert425 wrote:^ that's a shame, as I love that coaster.

what about Sidewinder and Trailblazer? (I mean, neither of those are must rides, but they are coasters there)

. . . wondering if those two are closed, if they just closed that Section over by StormRunner? Since the 3 coasters are all right next to each other.

They'll both be open
Yankee Cannonball <3

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:31 am

bert425 wrote:^ that's a shame, as I love that coaster.

More than likely it's just maintenance issues that normally would be addressed in the off-season but due to COVID they most likely weren't able to finish the work and/or parts couldn't make it to America from wherever they are coming from. It's a shame and SooperDooper is my daughter's favorite but we will still enjoy our visit this year just the same. And Kissing Tower is also closed which is no surprise due to the broken window and the fact it's probably a bad idea to run it with Social Distancing and all.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:143
STEEL:114
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 am

Bummer to hear that Storm Runner will be closed all season, but at least ya'll have a shiny new B&M Hyper to help make up for it. Can't wait to see the POV and hear people's thoughts.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tndank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 am

First rides on Candymonium happening today. Love seeing all the comments asking if it crushes your thighs.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mikehaggar » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:24 pm

Oh wow... no impressions yet? Was really looking forward to seeing what the community thinks!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 pm

I'm expecting to see "it's a B&M hyper coaster that's better than Raging Bull and just as good as Nitro/Mako/Diamondback/Behemoth/etc" haha.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!