Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1034 - Candymonium Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby CenturyFlyer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:39 am

I remember seeing an availability calendar for reservations on the website with check marks on the open days (which was all of them). I don't see it now. Am I just missing something?
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 am

You need a ticket or pass to access the reservation system.

Edit:

I think this is what you were looking for: https://www.hersheypark.com/reservations/reserve-your-day/availability.php?_ga=2.173162337.35138034.1593269977-1848675145.1591994155
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CenturyFlyer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 am

Thanks! Does the system make you select a time with only a certain number of spots being available per time slot like the Cedar Fair parks are doing?
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:03 am

No idea; I don't have a pass or tickets, and you can't access the actual reservation system without one of those.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Clarimeister » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:41 am

CenturyFlyer wrote:Thanks! Does the system make you select a time with only a certain number of spots being available per time slot like the Cedar Fair parks are doing?

I made a reservation for 2 days and it's just for the day. No specific time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Can't wait to go back. . tho looking like 2021 now :(

wanna check out the new coaster and entrance!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Clarimeister » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:49 pm

bert425 wrote:I see on the HersheyPark website, that StormRunner is now showing "Closed for the Season"

It had opened, right? So wonder what's going on that it's suddenly down?

https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/storm-runner/

According to their Instagram page in some of the comments they said due to the delays caused by COVID-19 they weren't able to perform their maintenance necessary to open it for the season. Something like that. Really unfortunate!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:54 pm

^ StormRunner is easily my favorite Coaster there, so that's a shame :(

but they still have a really stellar lineup anyways - worth a visit for Great Bear, Lightning Racer, Farenheit, SuperDooperLooper, Coment, and I'm assuming Candymonium will be awesome. The Indoor spinner is fun too.

can easily skip the Mouse and Wildcat

I'm personally not a fan of Skyrush - so that's not a "deciding factor on a visit" for me.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Clarimeister » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:01 pm

bert425 wrote:^ StormRunner is easily my favorite Coaster there, so that's a shame :(

but they still have a really stellar lineup anyways - worth a visit for Great Bear, Lightning Racer, Farenheit, SuperDooperLooper, Coment, and I'm assuming Candymonium will be awesome. The Indoor spinner is fun too.

can easily skip the Mouse and Wildcat

I'm personally not a fan of Skyrush - so that's not a "deciding factor on a visit" for me.

I'm definitely really excited to visit for the first time, and yeah I'm very bummed Storm Runner won't be open. However, I really am excited for Skyrush, Candymonium, and the other highlights there. Since I have to come back to the area at some point for Dorney and Jersey Devil at SFGAdv, I will definitely be back to get Storm Runner and anything else that's closed.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Eek. This is not the year to be making any first ever trips to parks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!