Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:43 am

bert425 wrote:
I would have called this something like "the Full Bar" or, hell: "Hershey's Rollo Coaster"

Rollo is Nestle....

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 am

Looks to me to essentially be a candy themed Apollo's Chariot. Which isnt a bad thing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:49 am

Haymaker wrote:
bert425 wrote:
I would have called this something like "the Full Bar" or, hell: "Hershey's Rollo Coaster"

Rollo is Nestle....

nope - in the USA, it's Hershey

Even looked it up on Wiki just now to make sure I'm not crazy:

Rolo (pronounced /ˈrəʊləʊ/), referring to the roll-styled candy, is a brand of truncated-cone-shaped or frustum-shaped chocolates with a caramel middle. First manufactured in the United Kingdom by Mackintosh's in 1937 (followed by Rowntree's after the takeover in 1969), they are made by Nestlé, except in the United States where production has been licensed to The Hershey Company.
Last edited by bert425 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:03 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:59 am

Hersheypark has always been pretty unique for an American theme park, with theming, shopping, and restaurants starting before you even are admitted into the park. With the announcement last year that the park entrance will be expanding and changing into Chocolatetown, this will make the park even more unique, as Chocolatetown will be open year round with some food and shopping open year round. But the biggest change hinted at was the giant hypercoaster teased as the cornerstone of this expansion. Today they finally announced more about the park's new for 2020 "15th" coaster and I had a chance to attend the ceremony, so let's check it out, shall we?
IMG_3792.JPG
Checking in!
IMG_3791.JPG
The announcement started off in Music Box Theater with a video showing POV of all of Hershey's current coasters
IMG_3790.JPG
Including some favorite coasters
IMG_3789.JPG
The park's most intense coaster
IMG_3788.JPG
There are far more important things in the world right now than determining if this is in fact a coaster. I like the ride, especially during these humid summer months
IMG_3787.JPG
Next up, the moment we've all been waiting for
IMG_3786.JPG
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts President and CEO, John Lawn takes the podium
IMG_3785.JPG
And Candymonium ensues!
IMG_3748.JPG
The park entrance will be forever changed in 2020
IMG_3784.JPG
This will be the fastest coaster in the park, just beating out Sky Rush
IMG_3783.JPG
It will also be the longest coaster in the park, and last 2 minutes and 26 seconds
IMG_3782.JPG
More stats on the coaster
IMG_3793.JPG
Here's a pretty good look at the ride's layout. You can see Sky Rush's far turn on the left
IMG_3781.JPG
After the announcement, candy and Candymonium themed milkshakes!
IMG_3780.JPG
We're looking forward to another hypercoaster at Hersheypark in 2020.
IMG_3779.JPG
Afterwards, a quick couple of rides on some of the park's current coasters. Amazing how low the creek is, considering all the rain we've been having lately. (this will probably be flooded again soon, stupid weather)
IMG_3778.JPG
And to end our brief time at Hersheypark, a ride on Storm Runner, because the soft restraints were one of the best things Hershey ever did to a great ride
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:03 am

bert425 wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
bert425 wrote:

Rollo is Nestle....

Even looked it up on Wiki just now:

Rolo (pronounced /ˈrəʊləʊ/), referring to the roll-styled candy, is a brand of truncated-cone-shaped or frustum-shaped chocolates with a caramel middle. First manufactured in the United Kingdom by Mackintosh's in 1937 (followed by Rowntree's after the takeover in 1969), they are made by Nestlé, except in the United States where production has been licensed to The Hershey Company.

Same thing with KitKat. Made by Nestle all over the world except in the US where they are made by Hershey.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby yawetag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:23 am

Did anyone else notice the turn at the far end looks like a Hershey Kiss? Surprised that wasn't mentioned in the press release.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:40 am

DerekRx wrote:Hersheypark has always been pretty unique for an American theme park, with theming, shopping, and restaurants starting before you even are admitted into the park. With the announcement last year that the park entrance will be expanding and changing into Chocolatetown, this will make the park even more unique, as Chocolatetown will be open year round with some food and shopping open year round. But the biggest change hinted at was the giant hypercoaster teased as the cornerstone of this expansion. Today they finally announced more about the park's new for 2020 "15th" coaster and I had a chance to attend the ceremony, so let's check it out, shall we?

Thanks for your detailed review! Are they expecting to have the coaster open until Memorial Day, we might visit the park in mid June so I hope they have it ready?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:43 am

agreed! thanks DerekRx for the coverage.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Looks pretty great. I'm excited to check it out next year!

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 pm

bert425 wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
bert425 wrote:

Rollo is Nestle....

Even looked it up on Wiki just now to make sure I'm not crazy:

Ah so it is. That said I doubt they would theme something after a product they dont wholly own.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!