Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 am

coasterbill wrote:PS: Do the six car trains make this (theoretically) the lowest capacity B&M hyper / giga ever built?

Looks like it. Mako has 7 cars per train, but I don't see any records of other 6 car trains out there.

Not really a huge surprise, but glad to have more details and renderings finally. This coaster looks great, will offer amazing views, and will undoubtedly be fun and very popular among park guests. Can't wait to get back to this place in 2020!

boldikus wrote:I just don't get the low capacity trains or the fact that they didn't design this like 15 feet taller to take the state height record.

Yea, I don't really get the short trains either, but it should still be a people eater. I do wonder how it'll impact back row rides and am curious to find out.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 am

I could see this being one of the better B&M hypers if it isn't trimmed too harshly. The setting might really make this one stand out like SFOG's Goliath and Mako.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 am

I love the layout, I like the color a lot (the brown track grew on me). . the name is throwing me a bit.

Six Flags has kind of made Pandemonium synonymous with a family spinning coaster in my head, so "CandyMonium" is throwing me a little bit. It's a GREAT name for a HersheyPark ride, but not 100% sure it "fits"

I would have called this something like "the Full Bar" or, hell: "Hershey's Rollo Coaster"

but they didn't ask ME. . LOL.

Regardless, it's gonna be great, and a hit for the park.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:54 am

Oh look, a B&M hyper.

Okay cool, so now can we focus on fixing/RMCing Wildcat and knocking down the wild mouse across the way in the process, right?
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:43 am

All Wildcat needs is re-tracking. Also, I believe every park should have a wild mouse coaster.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby nynehalem » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 am

On the bottom of the site, they show a drawing of the train with 7 cars. So I'm not sure we should all get too attached to it only having 6 car trains. That may have just been an error for the ride animation (or maybe it does have 6 car trains).
DE134901-2EAC-4E85-B8B2-0CF1C02DD56A.jpg

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:01 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:All Wildcat needs is re-tracking. Also, I believe every park should have a wild mouse coaster.

I've only been to HP once, a year ago, and rode Wildcat in the front seat. The front seat. And it was one of the roughest roller coasters I've experienced with hardly any redeeming qualities. I understand it's the first GCI and the GCI HQ isn't too far away but Wildcat needs far more than retracking in my opinion. It's got a lot of potential on that little hillside!

Great, you've got an air conditioned, themed mouse in a box right across the path ;)
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:16 am

nynehalem wrote:On the bottom of the site, they show a drawing of the train with 7 cars. So I'm not sure we should all get too attached to it only having 6 car trains. That may have just been an error for the ride animation (or maybe it does have 6 car trains).

Great find. Honestly that seems a bit more likely.

EDIT: The park replied to someone's comment on Facebook and confirmed that it's going to run 7 car trains.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:27 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:17 am

I'm all for I-boxing Wildcat. Red steel tracks - the "Twizzler Twister".

Hershey, be sure to send the check once you're done raking in the money off of that one. ;)
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:41 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:All Wildcat needs is re-tracking. Also, I believe every park should have a wild mouse coaster.

I've only been to HP once, a year ago, and rode Wildcat in the front seat. The front seat. And it was one of the roughest roller coasters I've experienced with hardly any redeeming qualities. I understand it's the first GCI and the GCI HQ isn't too far away but Wildcat needs far more than retracking in my opinion. It's got a lot of potential on that little hillside!

Great, you've got an air conditioned, themed mouse in a box right across the path ;)

Ride Predator at SFDL if you want a rough ride. Wildcat is nothing compared to that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!