While I am very excited to see the additions to both Busch Gardens Willamsburg and Hersheypark, I'm definitely more excited for the latter, as not only is it a new ride, but also the future possibilities that a new expansion/land provides you. I can't wait to see in, say a decade, how the new area is filled out. Maybe by then, they will have expanded (or will be expanding) over across Park Boulevard to the other section of the old golf course.
Here's my thoughts after visiting here for the first time...
- Storm Runner is an intense ride, one of the best ive ridden.
- read somewhere that Great Bear has the loudest B&M roar, and while I have limited first hand experience with B&M, that thing is loud as hell, especially in the sooperdooperlooper station.
- superdooperlooper is amazingly smooth for how old it is, especially compared to an Arrow.
- never again will I go on a Saturday, in July, on a concert day, when its 98 degrees. It was miserable and the crowds, especially in the water park, were unbearable. That said it cleared out pretty good in the evening. The only coaster I waited for all day was Laff Trakk.
- Lightning is better and smoother than Thunder.
- Reese's Tower has some serious airtime.
- Tidal Force is by far the best of its kind that ive ridden so far. Its wave puts Escape from Pompeii to absolute shame. I did not get a single drop of water on me riding Pompeii. 1. Tidal Force 2. Jurassic Park (IOA) 3. Shipwreck Falls (SFDL) 52. Escape from Pompeii
- missed out on Cupfusion and Skyrush due to lack of time
- Love that they have Chick-fil-a, but unfortunately its the slowest moving one.
- maybe its just me, but I hated this parks layout. Everything seems spread out in no logical order, signage is terrible and finding ride entrances is difficult.
I'll be back at some point but probably not until the kids hit Twizzler level. They were upset they couldnt ride Storm Runner and I was mad I couldnt make it to Skyrush. With that and the crowds Chocolatetown will probably draw I dont see myself coming back for a bit.
Last edited by Haymaker on Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:39 am.
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.