SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby UberBeavis » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 pm

What if it's something from S&S? Don't they have that new noninverting coaster with the cars suspended from the sides - but the car barrel rolls over the track and even incorporates a water splash?

Whatever it is, I'm sure Sea World will do a good job integrating it into their park.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm thinking like Robb...it could be a Mummy with sea creatures.

Then again, it could be a coaster. As you go up the lift hill, you see sea creatures around you and a voice from the speakers tell you about them.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 pm

No large park in their right mind would buy an S&S ride. Not because they're bad rides, but their capacity would be a nightmare.

"Don't they have that new noninverting coaster with the cars suspended from the sides" (UberBeavis)

I believe you're thinking of the Crazy Canoe.

Again---capacity nightmare.

They already have a B&M floorless, so a B&M flyer makes sense.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:19 pm

robbalvey wrote:I would prefer the Orlando area to build some unique, different stuff not just more B&Ms.

I'm glad that Universal went with something different and not just a B&M Hyper like Hollywood Dream for their new coaster.

I think I may have said this in another thread, but I totally agree with this. B&M today is the same as Arrow was in the early 90's. Every park had one. It gets tired. With the exception of Flyers (to which I haven't ridden yet) every B&M is more the same. We're getting to the point that every state with a park has at least one.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 pm

EBL wrote:They already have a B&M floorless, so a B&M flyer makes sense.
Eric

While I agree it's probably a B&M, I don't think you can use that argument, especially when Universal just down the street chose to go with a different company even though they have several B&M's and just bought two Premier Coasters.

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm really thinking the park is going to go the B&M flyer route. They're popular rides, and promise both high capacity and high guest satisfaction.
--Allen

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:25 pm

^Yeah but the bummer with the B&M's (other than everything that DenDen mentioned) is the height requirement! Orlando tries to be such a family and kids destination yet they have so many 54'' rides!

I'd love to see a B&M flyer with a 48'' height requirement!

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 pm

"I don't think you can use that argument, especially when Universal just down the street chose to go with a different company even though they have several B&Ms" (SharkTums)

True, maybe it's one of those great Zamperla flyers! :lmao:

Seriously, yeah, my reasoning was a bit flawed. We'll see what they get---after all, it's only a year away...

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangeblue » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm

Well, if I had to guess, I think that it might be something like Vertigo: http://www.rcdb.com/ig3457.htm

It meets the requirments: gliding experience, not a traditional coaster, and family friendly. I imagine that Sea World could do a lot with a ride like this, theming wise.

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 am

Well, now that it's officially announced...

The plans I've seen for the ride show it's a B&M flyer with a splash pool like SheiKra where the flamingos used to be at the entrance to the park. The name they were looking at was "Mantaray" and themed after a stingray.

The queue aquarium will have stingrays swimming around you (Think "Sharks!")

Also, I know it's hard to believe... but from the renderings it was a launched coaster :-\ ... I know B&M doesn't do launches, but maybe they're gonna be like Universal and do it themselves.
Signature.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!