SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby palmerleeberry » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:29 am

Free mints at the end of this ride? That I can dig! :lol:

This is awesome! Because of Busch Gardens in both Williamsburg and Tampa are constructing new coasters and Seaworld Orlando is putting in a launch coaster in the Arctic Section (good choice to put their next coaster there), I am planning on purchasing a Platinum Season Pass for the 2020 season. I'll have plenty of visits at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Watercountry USA, and will visit Busch Gardens Tampa and Seaworld Orlando when I go to Orlando next August for my vacation.

And to think that wasn't originally in my plans . . . until those announcements were made. This is gonna be fun!

:airtimer: . . . and if this year's visit to Busch Gardens was the prelude, then next year's visits are going to be the three acts and the encores! :airtimer:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastard69 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am

It looks like Ice Breaker will be a good addition to the park, it seems as though they've been adding mostly thrill focused rides or kids focused stuff so something kind of in between will be good for them. I think SeaWorld is doing a very good job of (relatively) quickly switching the focus from animal shows to rides and theming. Hopefully it's paying off for them.
Your Favorite Coaster Sucks
Available on Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud and Apple Podcasts
440 Coasters - a few of them are good

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:55 am

anonymouscactus wrote:I thought SeaWorld would have learned their lessons about artist renderings with Antarctica... but alas, people will think this ride will literally come down a mountain. And go through water. And then wait 6 hours and complain that it's nothing like the picture. (I opened Antarctica, so... yeah)

"Why am I not cold after I ride this ride? It's still hot as f&#%!!" :Pr

I'm loving these SEAS 2020 additions. They've really ramped it up this year! I hope this new direction fares well for the parks. Since people are getting jaded with the animal stuff, and there's really no way to compete with Disney and Universal with experiential and IP-themed rides, I hope opening record-breaking coasters puts them back on the "must visit" list for Orlando/Tampa travelers and locals who have stopped visiting the parks.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am

Probably going to be a passholder for the first time next year. I've never been to BGT, SWO, and all of these new attractions look too good to miss next year! I love Premier rides so I think this will be a great coaster for all ages.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am

Whoa!! Looks like a great addition to the park!! Can’t wait to get back down there and give this and Iron Purple People Eater a go!!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am

I really like the name and all the airtime hills. And I like the air-time humps on both the forwards and backwards spikes.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 am

Looks fantastic. We were already planning a trip back next year to SWO and BGT so now its just that much sweeter. I find it interesting how similar this and Pantheon are on paper - the spikes, the multiple launches, the shuttle aspects, but they went with two different manufactures.

I'm still amazed that they've gone with 5 different top manufacturers for their 2020 additions, its really something. Thrilled to know I'll be riding at least three of them.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:42 am

^ That's true. It's interesting they picked 5 different manufacturers.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 am

And like... 5 of the best. Imagine for a moment if Cedar Fair or Six Flags announced one year that they were opening a giant custom Intamin, B&M, Premier, GCI and RMC. Its kind of insane when you think about it.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am

This looks like a really fun ride.

More importantly I guess there's no Wild Arctic refresh (as was originally rumored) so Norm the Snowman Miller and "White Thunder" live on to take us on another journey through Beluga Star Tours (with whisper mode enabled of course). :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:57 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!