SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 631: Riptide Race dueling water slide announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:33 am

^ That shirt is actually amazing.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:53 am

^Yeah, it's definitely one of my favorite coaster shirts, even after all these years! It has all of the stats of the coaster on the back too, including the humorous designation of: "G-forces: EXTREME"! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:28 pm

DILinator wrote:BTW, I heard the 2020 announcement planned for today was pushed back. Does anybody know of a new date?

September 12th.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:24 am

bgtlover wrote:
DILinator wrote:BTW, I heard the 2020 announcement planned for today was pushed back. Does anybody know of a new date?

September 12th.

Thank you!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 am

Remember to WAIT until an admin posts the information about the big new coaster, do NOT post it before. We will get it up super fast here and if you're dying to see it as it happens watch our Twitter and Instagram Stories as we'll be posting live there starting before 10am!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am

One more hour to go! Who's hyped? I'm hyped! :D
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thrillrider2000 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 am

What time are they announcing it ?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am

Already announced and all over our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

We will update these posts soon.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am

NEW ROLLER COASTERS “ICE BREAKER” AND “IRON GWAZI” AMPLIFY THRILLS AT SEAWORLD AND BUSCH GARDENS

With a new waterslide also coming to Adventure Island in 2020, it’s never been a better time to be a Pass Member

Orlando, Fla. (September 12, 2019) – Today, SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay revealed details regarding NEW attractions coming to the parks in 2020. This marks the first time in four years that both parks have launched new coasters in the same year, in addition to a new water slide in Tampa. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Pass Members will be among the first to experience the new attractions.

Ice Breaker – Opening Spring 2020 at SeaWorld Orlando
1568306079-1331e8ac8ad5684c42eb48411b20f8e7.jpg

1568306083-6699f0ee45cd55b769826c43ed3a079e.jpg

Making its debut in spring 2020, riders will shiver through family friendly adventures on SeaWorld Orlando’s first launch coaster: Ice Breaker™. Named after the icy Arctic summits, Ice Breaker will feature four launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch into the steepest beyond vertical drop in Florida — a 93-foot tall spike with 100-degree angle.

Located near the Wild Arctic Attraction, the ride’s theme is reflective of this area with a nod to Ice Breaker’s conservation partner, Alaska SeaLife Center. Primarily dedicated to marine research, education and wildlife response, the Alaska SeaLife Center mission matches closely to SeaWorld Orlando’s, making them a perfect partner to help educate riders about the Artic and its inhabitants.

"The Alaska SeaLife Center is excited to grow our partnership with SeaWorld. For many years, SeaWorld has been a stalwart supporter of the Center, and particularly our Wildlife Response program,” said Tara L. Riemer, President and CEO of Alaska SeaLife Center. “We are grateful for SeaWorld's contributions of funding and staff over the years to further our mission. This new collaboration will continue efforts to highlight Arctic rescue and conservation stories.”

The opening of Ice Breaker is the perfect addition to SeaWorld’s ever-growing ride portfolio. From the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken, to the water rapids of Infinity Falls and the flume fun of Journey to Atlantis, Ice Breaker joins the park’s famed attractions as a must-do experience in Orlando.

Best value for Floridians – Enjoy all NEW rides with an Annual Pass!

With three ALL-NEW attractions to enjoy, there has never been a better time to be a SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Annual Pass Member. Upon the launch of each attraction, Pass Members will enjoy EXCLUSIVE RIDE TIME on Iron Gwazi, Ice Breaker and Solar Vortex.

For 2020, the best value for Floridians is the FOUR PARK PASS, which includes admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Adventure Island, SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica Orlando. In addition to exciting NEW rides coming next spring, guests who purchase an annual pass today can enjoy fan-favorite events included with their park admission in Orlando and Tampa. In the fall, there’s Sesame Street Kids’ Weekends and Halloween Spooktacular. Then, as the holidays draw near, visitors can experience the magic of Christmas Town and SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration. And for culinary connoisseurs, the spring brings the Food &Wine Festival and the Seven Seas Food Festival to the parks. For pass holders, there’s something for everyone all year at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

For more information on Fun Cards, Annual Passes, and daily admission, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com and BuschGardensTampa.com

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 am

Free mints at the end of the ride!

Now with cooling crystals!

I thought SeaWorld would have learned their lessons about artist renderings with Antarctica... but alas, people will think this ride will literally come down a mountain. And go through water. And then wait 6 hours and complain that it's nothing like the picture. (I opened Antarctica, so... yeah)

Anyway, looks cool! I'll be there in 2020 between this and the Iron alligator thing nearby.

Thanks for the coverage!
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:31 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!