SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 619: Seven Seas Food Festival Media Preview report posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Too Slow For Comfort

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:48 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Ah I usually I either rope drop Manta or come back in the late afternoon, figuring it gets the heaviest crowds right after it opens.

Yeah, its a little tricky at SWO. Due to the fact that Manta opens its second station up later and its the first thing that Basic GP see when they enter the park, you might be better off skipping it and coming back later. But then almost everything else at the park is capacity and never gets a line either. Even Atlantis is pretty high capacity, easy to load, and old enough so its usually a walk-on the majority of the day.

My observation is that the penguin ride and the river rapids rides are the only rides that really get lines in the park other than Manta and Mako, so the best bet is probably to get 1-2 rides in on them each (penguin ride and river rapids) and then clean up on Mako until it starts to get a line (which may not actually happen at all). Later in the day you can clean up on Atlantis and Kraken and catch the shows and the Turtle ride. At some point you can circle back to Manta, and it will probably have the same 20-30 minute wait that's waiting for you pretty much all day.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

I haven't been since Infinity Falls opened (I missed it by a week), but that's why I ride Antarctica towards the beginning of the day as well. It's not worth the wait and I've heard it tends to break down quite a bit.

Journey to Atlantis always seems to have a large posted wait in the afternoon even though the queue usually isn't more than 15 minutes (for me at least).
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- Yas Waterworld & IMG Worlds of Adventure

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm

When I go in at opening on the weekends, it's always Kraken > Mako > Manta. I don't think that I've ever waited longer than fifteen minutes for Manta any weekend morning that I've gone, even with a mix of single- and double-station operations.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:03 pm

A.J. wrote:When I go in at opening on the weekends, it's always Kraken > Mako > Manta. I don't think that I've ever waited longer than fifteen minutes for Manta any weekend morning that I've gone, even with a mix of single- and double-station operations.

Why in the world would you ropedrop Kraken? It has the least wait on any ride in the park.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:43 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Why in the world would you ropedrop Kraken? It has the least wait on any ride in the park.

Because I want to. I usually park my car around 9:15-9:30, and by the time I get in, take a spin on Kraken, and meander over to the Sky Tower, they're about to let people back to Mako's plaza and I can get a ride in the front or back (or both!) with minimal wait. After doing something else or exploring, I queue up for Manta before I leave. I'm only ever at the park for a few hours, I always have other errands to run.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:07 pm

It also had VR at points too.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- Yas Waterworld & IMG Worlds of Adventure

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:48 am

Was at SWO yesterday. Its pretty awesome how much of a commitment that SeaWorld/Busch have to letting people drink and enjoy themselves. Silver and up passholders get a free craft beer with every trip to SWO in January now. However, I was pretty disturbed to see Mako at single train ops. What should have been a walk-on was more or less a 20 minute wait. I didn't even stick around for when the crowds really piled up.

Anybody know if this is just temporary for Mako?

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:48 am

Double post - please delete
Last edited by Too Fast For Comfort on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 am.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 am

They do that quite often in the offseason when crowds are light.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Was at SWO yesterday. Its pretty awesome how much of a commitment that SeaWorld/Busch have to letting people drink and enjoy themselves. Silver and up passholders get a free craft beer with every trip to SWO in January now. However, I was pretty disturbed to see Mako at single train ops. What should have been a walk-on was more or less a 20 minute wait. I didn't even stick around for when the crowds really piled up.

Anybody know if this is just temporary for Mako?

Wind played a factor in that. I know the ride was closed 2-3 hours due to it. They likely decided one train was all that was needed. They do however only start with one train most days and add on later when the line gets to 30+ min (in my experience). So if the line was only 20 minutes, they weren't adding another train.
Coaster Count: 128
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser
6-Mako...7-Montu...8-Kraken...9-Diamondback...10-Twisted Cyclone

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!