SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby BintamiM » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Jew wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:What I find funny about the Antarctica ride is despite the mediocre reviews it got it still has the longest wait times compared to the other attractions in the park.

Because it’s low capacity and barely open?

Perhaps but it also has a low height requirement so many children can ride it

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:37 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Looks like something potentially more violent than Pluto’s

That's what I was thinking after watching some POV's of it.

It looks pretty awesome though. :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Jew wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:What I find funny about the Antarctica ride is despite the mediocre reviews it got it still has the longest wait times compared to the other attractions in the park.

...and people really like penguins. The ride itself isn’t great, but the exhibit is. While there’s a “non riders” line, since people have to wait anyway most people will opt to ride (especially people visiting on vacation who don’t know any better).

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:04 pm

I also agree that the waiting process for the Antarctica ride is really bad. First you have to wait in the outdoor section for at least two pre-show cycles. Then you watch the pre-show. Then you go into the interior switchbacks and wait some more. Then you get assigned a loading bay where you wait some more. Then you watch another pre-show. Then, finally, you board. I'll be going straight into the exhibit from now on, thanks very much.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Personally, I like the Antarctica ride, it has improved since opening in both ride experience and ops. Could it have been way more though? Absolutely. One more room added to the ride would do a lot for it, it's pretty short and the story is not fleshed out enough.

Infinity falls is a fantastic addition to this park . While the spot was the prettiest place at Seaworld, there was nothing except a lesser-used restaurant and some common animals in that location before. In recent years almost everything in town has been an replacement attraction. Seaworld's last three additions were a big improvement to their former Penguin exhibit, a completely new Hypercoaster that replaced nothing, and this sure-to-be popular family ride that also replaced empty space. Next year they are indeed replacing, but massively improving their kids area and adding a new parade, the year after they are getting a new coaster apparently (I'm hopeful they could build onto the seldom-used lowest section of their parking lot for it). And their festival lineup improves every year! This year they've had free beer and happy hour all summer, an Improved Food and Wine festival, more Spooktacular weekends...etc.

Of all the parks in Central Florida, Seaworld is the one I consistently enjoy each visit and like the direction they are going in the most. I'm hopeful that they can start making it in the press for good reasons and gain back public opinion too.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby aueft » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:13 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:Personally, I like the Antarctica ride, it has improved since opening in both ride experience and ops. Could it have been way more though? Absolutely. One more room added to the ride would do a lot for it, it's pretty short and the story is not fleshed out enough.

I'm curious, how did the ride experience change since opening? Did they actually change the ride, or is it just how they handle the queue? I went to SeaWorld earlier this month, and I liked Antarctica far more than I thought I would.

Infinity Falls looks quite a bit cooler than had thought it would be. The on-ride soundtrack is probably what does it for me.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 am

Jew wrote:

And it was cool! The heat index was over 100 degrees the day I went.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 am

Not a big fan of rapids, but I love Seaworld and I love Intamin, and this ride just looks great. I would definitely give it a spin on a hot day.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:44 am

aueft wrote:
BlahBlahson wrote:Personally, I like the Antarctica ride, it has improved since opening in both ride experience and ops. Could it have been way more though? Absolutely. One more room added to the ride would do a lot for it, it's pretty short and the story is not fleshed out enough.

I'm curious, how did the ride experience change since opening? Did they actually change the ride, or is it just how they handle the queue?

The ride itself hasn't changed at all. I don't know what that person is talking about. They made some changes to the queue so now you can actually go visit the penguins without having to suffer through the attraction, which is good because you can get to the best part of the attraction by skipping the worst.

As far as people who like the ride, well, even the worst attractions has it's fans... I mean, look at Maelstrom! :lol: :lmao:
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:44 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am

robbalvey wrote:As far as people who like the ride, well, even the worst attractions has it's fans... I mean, look at Maelstrom! :lol: :lmao:

How dare you. Trolls and oil rigs made for one of the most cohesive storylines any attraction has ever seen. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!