SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:31 pm

cparkes92 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
VegasBaby wrote:Kraken, Manta, or Mako, which all have 54 inch height requirements. SWO really needs a thrilling coaster that younger guests can ride. Cheetah was her favorite ride at BGT, so it makes a lot of sense for SWO to build something similar that fits that demographic.

I agree 100%. It never made sense to me why a park like SeaWorld, which is really geared towards children and families ended up with three coasters that are 54" which Busch Gardens got rides like Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse which have more "SeaWorld Demographic-Friendly" height restrictions.

IMHO, the only thing missing from SeaWorld's coaster lineup is a Wave Breaker-style launched coaster

Wait... what? That doesn't even make any sense. So you're saying that if they had a "Wave Breaker-style" coaster, they'd be done. They don't need any more roller coasters?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:33 pm

robbalvey wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
VegasBaby wrote:Kraken, Manta, or Mako, which all have 54 inch height requirements. SWO really needs a thrilling coaster that younger guests can ride. Cheetah was her favorite ride at BGT, so it makes a lot of sense for SWO to build something similar that fits that demographic.

I agree 100%. It never made sense to me why a park like SeaWorld, which is really geared towards children and families ended up with three coasters that are 54" which Busch Gardens got rides like Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse which have more "SeaWorld Demographic-Friendly" height restrictions.

IMHO, the only thing missing from SeaWorld's coaster lineup is a Wave Breaker-style launched coaster

Wait... what? That doesn't even make any sense. So you're saying that if they had a "Wave Breaker-style" coaster, they'd be done. They don't need any more roller coasters?

I was trying to say that a Wave Breaker-style launched coaster should be their next coaster as SeaWorld doesn't have a launched coaster (one of very few major parks without a launched coaster)
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 pm

cparkes92 wrote:I was trying to say that a Wave Breaker-style launched coaster should be their next coaster as SeaWorld doesn't have a launched coaster (one of very few major parks without a launched coaster)

Oh. That makes more sense.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:05 am

swifso.JPG

Coaster Count: 128
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser
6-Mako...7-Montu...8-Kraken...9-Diamondback...10-Twisted Cyclone

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Well that's good news. I have plans to go to Sea World on the 12th. With the heat we have been having here, I'm looking forward to it.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Watching the POV’s, I think my favourite parts of the ride are where the rafts pick up some speed and hit a wall of water head on.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:00 am

Looks like something potentially more violent than Pluto’s

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:12 am

At SeaWorld right now and Infinity Falls is drawing a 45 minute - 1 hour wait during soft opening (it’s not on the park map yet) due to insane heat. Looks like a very good ride, but I won’t ride because it looks like you get soaked. Antarctica is also drawing a 45 minute wait due to it being air conditioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:32 pm

What I find funny about the Antarctica ride is despite the mediocre reviews it got it still has the longest wait times compared to the other attractions in the park.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Cyrbuzz wrote:What I find funny about the Antarctica ride is despite the mediocre reviews it got it still has the longest wait times compared to the other attractions in the park.

Because it’s low capacity and barely open?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!