SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 am

^ I agree. What may look like a good business decision on paper (or in a conference room ) might not always equate to a significant cost savings in the long haul.

I've seen it happen at work where a few business leader's "amazing brainstorm" to cut cost and increase profitability has turned into a horrific nightmare for co-workers and even share-holders. That profitability and cost-cutting proposal can eventually turn into higher spending and worse quality in the long run - they need to be very careful and make sure that they do all of their homework. Even then, there are no guarantees.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 am

Is this where we chime in and say "Theme parks are trying to make money"? :lmao:

A couple years ago I went to SeaWorld in the "offseason" and they kept Kraken closed until the afternoon. I supposed that saved them money, and I've been back since, so I guess I wasn't so upset about it that I refused to return. Of course, they had to build a B&M flying coaster in order to get me back in the gate. I don't like this sort of idea because its the classic example of spending more money to get less in return, which in turn makes the idea of theme park geared vacations less appealing. But for a lot of people, they won't care, won't see it, etc etc etc.

Postby jray21 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:17 am

Delayed openings and understaffed rides are one of the main reasons I never visit SFMM. I understand cutting costs, but when you're already getting beat by Disney and USO, I don't see cutting hours or ride staff a ton helping out. I'm not saying they can't cut a little, but Joey is right on.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 am

Sea World should be looking to upgrade their behind the scenes/VIP tour options. Those don't cost that much and make a ton of money.

The phrase "penny wise and pound foolish" definitely applies to the theme park industry. As does "you have to spend money to make money."

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 am

Here is video of the fireworks finale added to Shamu Rocks this year for SeaWorld Orlando's Summer Nights!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jzoole » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 am

Hello TPRrs, specifically native Floridians: Our trip to Orlando (my very first one... eek!) begins this weekend..... and OF COURSE Tropical Storm Chantal is a'blowin in the Gulf. So I'm freaking out worrying that parts of my trip will be ruined. Anyone have any idea what I should expect? Thanks!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am

^Don't worry. It was going to rain anyways, now it may just rain a little more. The parks here are very good about running stuff in all kinds of weather and will really only shut down in super heavy rain or nearby lightning. And like I said, you were going to have that anyways Chantal or not!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jzoole » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Good to hear! I was expecting the typical Florida rain obviously, but wasn't sure if Chantal would be a gamechanger. Thanks so much!

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Exactly what Elissa said, at this point just expect a little more rain than usual. The storm isn't even that organized at the moment. These parks down here handle this kind of weather as well as anyone. We're used to it. ;)

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 pm

I stumbled across the trailer for Blackfish today.

Donm't even watch it. It makes me sick how the film makers are presenting it.

SeaWorld capitalizing on their whales which cannot be released back into the wild is bad?

Yet capitalizing on the death of a Sea World trainer who loved what she did, then using her against the company is good?

That's a little hypocritical.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!