SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 pm

^^^If it ends up being super crowded you can always buy the express passes. The only suggestion I would have is to move Shamu Express earlier in the day or super late. It can get pretty crowded midday.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Tue May 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm not sure how early dolphin feedings start but you could easily move that up earlier in the day and you might avoid some of the crowds that gather for that. It's not far from Manta and would be a good stop after riding that before heading back to Atlantis and Kraken. The lines can get pretty long later in the day for the dolphin feeding from what I've seen lately and it's definitely an experience you should try to do. I think you should still be ok with the crowds at the back of the park if you did the dolphins after Manta. And like Elissa said, if crowds are bad, quick queue is your friend.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed May 09, 2012 8:15 am

larrygator wrote:
True - World's first could very well mean something that is transparent to the customer
False - It was a sock puppet show at Parque Espana. :lmao:

Although the Parque Espana attraction did have stools to sit on, so maybe it the world's first attraction of this kind where you have to stand up.

I don't suppose the ride at parque espana was anything like this was it Larry?: http://www.seoulland.co.kr/joy/playing_profile.asp?idx=68&flashcode=1_4_6_0

This is Seoul Lands 5D attraction and it was all around and sitting on stalls like you said, I saw the freakiest movie in this attraction... it was set in a hospital where bloodied children were crying and throwing their severed heads at you which would float between stools, and vines with thorns that came right between your eyes.... I thought it was playing one of the more friendlier films like shown in the picture.... The 3d was all around but it wasn't quite seamless it didn't go all the way to the top and if you looked at one area of the circular area (like in the picture) where the image started and stopped overlapped so it wasn't quite seamless

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CViolaOfficial » Wed May 09, 2012 9:01 am

I'm just anxious to see what kind of ride this new Antarctica "penguin-based" ride will be like. Obviously, it will take place in water, but the type of boat that's in the preview picture, may look like a river rapids ride (which would be neat, if it was all centered around the Antarctic/cuddly penguins!). I can't really grasp my hands around it being a log flume, considering they already have Journey to Atlantis in the park. The only other thing I could think of is if its just a tame ride that happens to take place in the water to guide you through, which easily could be the case. Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of speculation going on as to what this ride will become in the next following year!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BrownStreak » Wed May 09, 2012 9:13 am

paiging_jen wrote:I'm not sure how early dolphin feedings start but you could easily move that up earlier in the day and you might avoid some of the crowds that gather for that.

I don't know if they still do the Dolphin Feeding the way they did it when I was last there, but I would absolutely suggest doing that as one of the first things! They are 'starved' for attention early in the day and are more playful with guests.
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed May 09, 2012 4:45 pm

CViolaOfficial wrote:I'm just anxious to see what kind of ride this new Antarctica "penguin-based" ride will be like. Obviously, it will take place in water, but the type of boat that's in the preview picture, may look like a river rapids ride (which would be neat, if it was all centered around the Antarctic/cuddly penguins!). I can't really grasp my hands around it being a log flume, considering they already have Journey to Atlantis in the park. The only other thing I could think of is if its just a tame ride that happens to take place in the water to guide you through, which easily could be the case. Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of speculation going on as to what this ride will become in the next following year!

I feel like it's more likely a dark ride than one on water especially looking at the second car, prehaps trackless on a floor thats made to look as if you are going around over the ice. Although anything is possible.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm

^ trackless interactive dark ride with choices made in the queue as well as on the ride.. Does that make it a first?
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby HTF » Wed May 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Turtle Trek was awesome and is a huge improvement over the previous manatee exhibit. I was there for media day as well, and how awesome is it to have a picture of my back on the site I grew up reading :) FYI I am the guy playing the turtle video game.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm

I wasn't really following turtle trek that much in the construction or anything , but I have to say! This attraction looks AMAZING! Yet ANOTHER reason for me to go to Florida.
Hm, I see...

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Looks like another winner for seaworld and something new to look forward to for my annual trip in october.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!