SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby jynx242 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm

^ Thanks for the update Robb! Looks amazing and I can't wait to see it!

David

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby OrlandoPete » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:52 pm

robbalvey wrote:^ Then I have no idea. Maybe either they don't know about the movie in Japan, or it is different enough technology that isn't obvious to us that it's a "worlds first", I'm not sure. I guess I look at it this way - I spend most of my time going to theme parks and not even I knew another dome 3D movie existed in the world! ;)

If there is a dome then it isn't in 3D. SeaWorld has a patent on this 3D dome technology from what I heard.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Turtle Trek was pretty cool. It was REALLY cheesy, but I come to expect that out of SeaWorld. The whole 360 3D thing was definitely the most impressive thing about the whole attraction, and I'm glad I get to see the manatees again. It'll be great for kids, but I'm not so sure I'll be going out of my way to see the show again.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 am

Glad to hear the 3D dome technology was successful, I could see that eventually being successfully incorporated at a lot of different types of attractions.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 01, 2012 8:42 am

OrlandoPete wrote:
robbalvey wrote:^ Then I have no idea. Maybe either they don't know about the movie in Japan, or it is different enough technology that isn't obvious to us that it's a "worlds first", I'm not sure. I guess I look at it this way - I spend most of my time going to theme parks and not even I knew another dome 3D movie existed in the world! ;)

If there is a dome then it isn't in 3D. SeaWorld has a patent on this 3D dome technology from what I heard.

Right, but that doesn't always mean much. For example, this patent could be on a 3D dome with SIX projectors instead of FIVE, etc.... and the "worlds first" or "patent" could just be more of a marketing thing.

I honestly have no idea. Chances are, Larrygator is totally wrong and what he saw was probably a sock puppet show in Japan! :p :lol: :p

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 am

robbalvey wrote:
OrlandoPete wrote:

Right, but that doesn't always mean much. For example, this patent could be on a 3D dome with SIX projectors instead of FIVE, etc.... and the "worlds first" or "patent" could just be more of a marketing thing.

I honestly have no idea. Chances are, Larrygator is totally wrong and what he saw was probably a sock puppet show in Japan! :p :lol: :p

True - World's first could very well mean something that is transparent to the customer
False - It was a sock puppet show at Parque Espana. :lmao:

Although the Parque Espana attraction did have stools to sit on, so maybe it the world's first attraction of this kind where you have to stand up.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby thrillrider » Tue May 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Either way, I am really looking foreword to my trip there in july.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby iplf » Tue May 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Don't want to open a new topic for my question, so hopefully someone will help me out here.
I'll be in Seaworld Orlando on Thursday May 31 from 9AM (will be there before opening) till about 3.30PM. I want to do the following:
Kraken (re-rides?)
Manta (re-rides?)
Journey To Atlantis
Feeding Dolphins
Wild Arctic
Shamu Express
Shamu show (One Ocean)

--> Am I missing something important?

I'd like to get the most out of my day, so please comment on my plan of attack:
1) Manta, right after park opening, maybe a re-ride depending on crowds
2) Journey To Atlantis
3) Kraken
4) Dolphin feeding area (if we still have time)
5) 12.00: Shamu show
6) Wild Arctic + Shamu Express (credit)
7) Another walk around the park to check some aquariums, enjoy the atmosphere, and get to the dolphin feeding area if we run out of time in the morning.

Depending on how busy the park is, we could also do the Blue Horizons dolphin show at 2.

Is this realistic? Is it a good choice to go to Manta first, or should we pick Kraken or Journey?
How likely is the Shamu show to be full at noon? We have binoculars so we don't really care about having the best seats.

Thanks in advance.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I'd really recommend seeing the Dolphin show, Blue Horizons. It was by far my favorite show when I just went. The sea lion show is pretty cool too.

I don't know anything about what crowds would be like, but you've got the order of things pretty well planned out. From my trip at the start of March the park could be crowded, but crowds centered around shows with pretty short lines for all the rides.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Trues » Tue May 08, 2012 4:25 pm

try to see if anything new is going on with the Antarctica construction! :)
Next time, wear blindfolds...okay?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!