SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby eddytheviper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:36 am

cfc wrote:I wonder if this is the most important sentence?

Park guests also will be able to buy reusable bags.

I should should think so, IMO it's a good step for the park to strengthen their ecologically friendly movement / image and also cut down on waste.

If they highlight the damage plastic bags do to the environment at the til, I'm sure people will be okay / convinced to pay $0.20 or something similar to get a plastic bag instead if the money goes to a conservation fund (which I presume some, if not all proceeds will go to).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:02 am

I really think the reusable bags are the future, there are some areas in California outlawing plastic and parts of Europe have either outlawed them or charged for them for some time. Good for Sea World!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 pm

I'd totally buy reusable theme park bags as I'm sure they'd be cooler looking than CVS, Target, Walmart, ect. reusable bags. I think this is a good idea from SeaWorld.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 am

Turtle Trek is NOW OPEN!

Turtle Trek opened on Friday, April 27th, and Theme Park Review was there for the media event!

The attraction itself does a VERY good job of both entertaining and educating with some very impressive visual effects. The film is presented in a full 360 domed theater, all in really amazing looking 3-D. If you can imagine like a really modern day update to the "CircleVision 360" technology, that's exactly what it is. There are some scenes that are absolutely stunning, and it feels like the imagery is actually with you in the audience.

Anyway, enough typing, here are some pics and video from the attraction!

Something new at SeaWorld Orlando! Turtle Trek opens today!

Turtle Trek at SeaWorld Orlando is the worlds first 360 Degrees, 3D dome theater experience!

Terry Prather, President of SeaWorld Orlando opens Turtle Trek, worlds first 3D, 360 dome theater attraction!

Animal Ambassador JulieScardina for SeaWorld Orlando tells us about their animal rescue program and some of their great accomplishments.

The animal rescue staff and the animals they've rescued officially open Turtle Trek at SeaWorld Orlando!

In the Turtle Trek pre-show area, these guys get all the attention!

One of the rescued turtles at Turtle Trek. This guy may not have made it in the wild!

Turtle Trek at SeaWorld Orlando. The 3D and visual technology is very impressive!

With a fully immersive 3D 360 dome screen, Turtle Trek's visual effects are very impressive!

And of course, the sea turtles are the star of the show!

The Turtle Trek journey takes you from the birth of the sea turtles, through their adventure, and even a rescue mission!

And you get really cool 3D glasses to watch the show!

The key message of the attraction is there from the pre-show all the way to the gift shop!

Would you believe it? These guys are everyday heroes!

There are interactive exhibits at the exit to the attraction.

The manatees are still part of the exhibit.

Which one is the manatee? It's hard to tell.

Some of the Turtle Trek merch in the gift shop.

Lots of turtle stuff to buy!

Thanks to Julie Scardina, Sea World's Animal Ambassador, her and her crew, are responsible for the rescue and preservation of many of the parks animals.

Robb Alvey says THANK YOU to Sea World Orlando Park President, Terry Prather, for a fantastic new addition to SeaWorld Orlando, Turtle Trek!

Taking a quick look around the park and getting excited for NEXT year's big attraction....

Construction area for SeaWorld Orlando's 2013 attraction, Antarctica, is huge! Looking forward to this next year!

New image released for SeaWorld Orlando's Antarctica. What kind of ride do you think it will be?

IMG_5935.JPG
Yup! Lots of dirt!

IMG_5929a.jpg
Is there were the old Penguin building used to be?

IMG_5916a.jpg
The Sky Tower is now FREE! Included with admission!

IMG_5900a.jpg
Let's not forget the best new addition to SeaWorld Orlando! (and all of the SW/Busch parks!!!) =)

IMG_5899a.jpg
This is a HUGE improvement!!!!

IMG_5926.JPG
SeaWorld's new for 2012 Turtle Trek is a huge win! And we're looking forward to what 2013 brings as well!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 am.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 am

Wow, I didn't realise how big Antarctica is going to be! It's a more major addition than I though.

Turtle Trek looks nice, so much has changed at this park since I was last there, I want to go back :D

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 am

I'll definitely try Turtle Trek next time I'm at the park, but I don't how how the technology varies from the 360 3D movie at Parque Espana.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

It's good to see that someone has improved on the old "Circlevision" concept--Turtle Trek looks like a nice addition.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

larrygator wrote:I'll definitely try Turtle Trek next time I'm at the park, but I don't how how the technology varies from the 360 3D movie at Parque Espana.

I didn't see the movie at Parque Espana - but was it in a dome? Meaning that the footage wasn't just on screens around you, it was on screens around you and above you as one seamless image?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 pm

robbalvey wrote:
larrygator wrote:I'll definitely try Turtle Trek next time I'm at the park, but I don't how how the technology varies from the 360 3D movie at Parque Espana.

I didn't see the movie at Parque Espana - but was it in a dome? Meaning that the footage wasn't just on screens around you, it was on screens around you and above you as one seamless image?

Yes, at Parque Espana it was on a dome as a seamless image. At least that's how I remembered it.
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:25 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 pm

^ Then I have no idea. Maybe either they don't know about the movie in Japan, or it is different enough technology that isn't obvious to us that it's a "worlds first", I'm not sure. I guess I look at it this way - I spend most of my time going to theme parks and not even I knew another dome 3D movie existed in the world! ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!