SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 am

Actually, this is true. Salt water tanks do have some set up process to go through before they can drop most fish in. My cousin has had several, and they always have to put this one thing in before anything else, and let it run. The finished product will be amazing I am sure!

Now, anyone who has gone through the queue so far - will they allow cameras if there is a non rider with you? My son does not ride, but I will not leave him outside alone. He will wait on the line with me (especially a long one) He can carry my camera and just wait at the exit when we go through. Anyone's opinion on this?
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Piers' latest smashpiece

Postby Joe Cool » Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm

The splash down effect is so awesome looking. The whole ride looks awesome!!

Frissbeking

Postby Frissbeking » Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

I've never been a fan of flying coasters, at all. They all rank at the bottom of the barrel for me. After riding Manta yesterday once and 4-5 times today, I'm surprised to say it might be in my top 10 steel, I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10. It's simply amazing.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoryPa77 » Mon May 04, 2009 6:24 pm

^yeah, same here, I've never cared a lot for the flyers. I wouldn't say they rank at the bottom for me (stand-ups are probably there in terms of "types" of coasters), but I've never considered them to be something I really looked forward to riding. Tatsu was obviously the best I had been on before Manta, and I did like it, but I still wasn't dying to get back in line for it like I was Manta. I do think Tatsu is overall more intense probably.

I'm not sure it's a top 10 ride for me, it's kind of hard to tell since it's so new right now and I'm excited because of that so that may sway my judgement some in it. I do think it just has a better overall experience than any of the other flyers I've been on though. The drop is good, pretzel is good, but then it turns into something way different that any other flyer I've been on with the inline twist, spiral drop and corkscrew elements. To me, it has the right combination of intense moments and "flying" moments. I'm really glad Sea World put the pretzel in though, because I had heard rumors way back that it wouldn't have one...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby delirium_guy » Mon May 04, 2009 6:38 pm

The ride could possibly crack my top 10 steel. I've ridden more times now than I care to post here so I have definitely had the opportunity to get over the newness factor. I just have a ton of fun with the ride, everything about it. Cory is right in that it has a terrific balance of intensity and graceful elements. For the most part flyers are gimmicky, but this one just works SO well. Honestly, while I knew the second half would be about the visuals, it still surprised me just how well everything works. I'm so happy to hear all the positive comments about it. Some would think I am biased because I work there, but I'm a pretty seasoned rider and for a change a new ride actually exceeded my expectations! Keep in mind my home park was Kings Island before I moved to Florida a year ago, so disappointment is all I ever knew when it came to new attractions ;-)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tigerxeyez » Mon May 04, 2009 8:01 pm

It looks like people are getting pretty wet in the "splash down" section...is this the case?

I saw that someone posted they got wet in the front row.

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Don't know how many of you followed @RealShamu on Twitter, but he threw a little party to a limited group of people tonight. It was pretty awesome, and so was Manta! Definitely better then the SUF's, maybe a tier below Tatsu but it's WAY more re-rideable then Tatsu is! I actually like it about the same, it seems like B&M really hit the "sweet spot" with their flyers with Manta.

I'll post a Photo TR from the party tonight hopefully tomorrow, it was a blast!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nicksvideo » Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Tonight's event was definitely a lot of fun. Riding in the dark was amazing. We also took some time to look around and explore the queue trying to find hidden mantas. In all we found six mantas, a shamu, and a dolphin, but apparently there are quite a few more things hiding in the rock work.

'Hidden' manta in the queue.

And as for the splash getting you wet, today we barely got wet at all riding on the very right side of any row, as it seemed the splash wasn't on as 'big' as it was the day before. It was more on par with the first day of public operation's splash, but still a tad ahead of the zero car.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rawrtotheargh » Tue May 05, 2009 12:58 am

Homeboy23 wrote:I'm not a fish expert or anything but I know they are not supposed to drop all the fish in at one time. Does anyone know if they are supposed to have the aquariums full by May 22?

In retail systems they give you a solution (Bio-Spira with Marineland systems) you put in the tank and after 24 hours you can throw in however many fish you want. They also sell it for consumer use but its a lower grade stuff.

However in a huge system like sea world I am sure its just filtered sea water so they shouldn't have to worry about it because there should be plenty of beneficial bacteria. But they won't put ALL of the fish in at once just in case.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby bearcut » Tue May 05, 2009 12:53 pm

I just found this on youtube, and while this guy probably broke every single park rule ever known to man, at least there's a semi decent full POV of the ride, IN HIGH DEFINITION!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!