SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:52 pm

^^I am pretty sure the "splashdown" is purely visual, no other purpose. I guess it might get turned up as we approach the official opening, but I still think that it is visual only. Not only is the walkway far away, there is also a garden inbetween the viewers and the ocean. That is to my understanding of the ride at least.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Sun May 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Could one say that this will be one of the best non-disney themed thrill rides?

One could say that, but they'd be wrong.

I am still sticking by my statement about the themeing of this ride.
Snoochie Boochie

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby HatetoFLY » Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm

^^The splashdown is purely visual. And it just lights up the whole area. It really draws a crowd into this entire new area.

^I would have to say the themeing of this coaster is amazing and is among the best out there today.
www.coastercounter.com/hatetofly
Q...Q is for Quan....Quan is for Quandry

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ScoastinGS » Sun May 03, 2009 9:38 pm

downunder wrote: I only compare methods of torture to Vekoma Flyers.

Well the only flyer I have ridden is a Vekoma and I really like the flying feeling of it. I must really be missing out on these flyers. Anyone know what the closest flyer (not Vekoma) to Louisville, KY is?

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:58 pm

^Probably Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFGam.

I think in America, the only B&M flyers are S:UF at SFoG, SFGav and SFGam in addition to Manta and Tatsu. Then of course there is Air in England and Crystal Wings in China.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun May 03, 2009 10:12 pm

HatetoFLY wrote:The splashdown is purely visual.

Well that's disappointing.
Manta-Artist2.jpg

Just Kidding!

Postby coastercrzyjames » Sun May 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Wow, thanks for all the great photos! Manta looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I didn't even know it was open already, i thought it still had a couple of weeks, oops! I'm already thinking of planning a trip to Orlando sometime this year to ride it. :b I'm loving all the positive reviews I've heard, and the theming is just amazing! Cant wait.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 am

coastercrzyjames wrote:Wow, thanks for all the great photos! Manta looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I didn't even know it was open already, i thought it still had a couple of weeks, oops! I'm already thinking of planning a trip to Orlando sometime this year to ride it. :b I'm loving all the positive reviews I've heard, and the theming is just amazing! Cant wait.

technically, it's not "open". It is just in the preview stages, so to say. May 22nd is the "official" opening day! you know, with a band, dancers, and the park manager telling everyone how proud they are to have the coaster. should be crowded that day...

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Mon May 04, 2009 6:23 am

I'm not a fish expert or anything but I know they are not supposed to drop all the fish in at one time. Does anyone know if they are supposed to have the aquariums full by May 22?

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Mon May 04, 2009 6:43 am

And then I got in the seat, pulled down my restraint for a photo and then tried to exit, only to find myself locked in. Unfortunately, I made a fool of myself while I frantically attempted to free myself--the little handle does the trick.

I could totally see this. :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!